RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #101
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Well as far as I'm aware you don't get to vote on that either way, Jodie ;)

I think other countries screaming for a referendum has a lot less to do with EU politics than with the rise of right wing parties across Europe. The reason Germany expects certain countries to potentially leave or at least demand it is that those countries have strong right wing influences. Those are also the people demanding a referendum in Germany. It's sad to see that in many ways we aren't as far away from 1940 as we think we are.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #102
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Seems to resonate with what I pick on from media and Facebook (I get more UK political stuff in feed than US lol)

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #103
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
I was against Scottish independence the first time. Now I think they should get out.
Are you wishing them well or desiring a punishment lol?

Old 25-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #104
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Monaco of Kent View Post
Well as far as I'm aware you don't get to vote on that either way, Jodie ;)

I think other countries screaming for a referendum has a lot less to do with EU politics than with the rise of right wing parties across Europe. The reason Germany expects certain countries to potentially leave or at least demand it is that those countries have strong right wing influences. Those are also the people demanding a referendum in Germany. It's sad to see that in many ways we aren't as far away from 1940 as we think we are.

Well if you pull one end of a rubber band too far it eventually snaps back from the other side. A third of labor helped pass Brexit. People can't keep blaming boogeymen men or "nationalism". Many people feel like they are losing their countries and becoming mere GPS coordinates. A desire to keep your country isn't quite the same as goosestepping and staging mega rallies with torches and tank parades. 81% of Germans said Germany is out of control under Merkel. Two thirds want her out next election. Europe is convulsing from all corners.

Old 25-06-2016, 08:54 PM   #105
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

The people didn't want her out before she refused to send away refugees .
They didn't have an issue with her before they felt scared of them foreigners coming in stealing our jobs and raping our women.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 25-06-2016, 08:55 PM   #106
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Because some people are illogical fools?

The Facebook stuff I get? I have a lot of uni people on my Facey so I get a lot of posts that are spawned in academic circles. Having gone down that road myself I get a kick out of most of it.

Right now I'm getting a lot of "Indyref2" stuff. Its also popular to blame the old fogies for throwing Brexit. You know - as if the 18-24 year olds having everything more correct lol. I read stuff I wrote when I was 22 and I want to hide under a table.

Old 25-06-2016, 09:05 PM   #107
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
The people didn't want her out before she refused to send away refugees .
They didn't have an issue with her before they felt scared of them foreigners coming in stealing our jobs and raping our women.
Sure. Sounds OK. Everyone who wants 1.5 million strangers from generally hostile cultures should lead the charge and put one or two up in their homes. Of course most people wont.

Imagine 1.5 Germans leaving to invade some country. Oh we would never hear the end of the complaints at home and abroad. There's a peculiar one way aspect to these things.

Old 25-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #108
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

Most people are fleeing those countries because they are hostile. Which is a reasonable thing to do.
If I felt my life was at risk in Germany then I would want to desperately get out too.

I don't believe in turning away people when it would sentence them to death.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 25-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #109
Isoverity

I am currently:

I understand people wanting to flee. The problem is that many experts at home and abroad (Middle East) say there is no real reason there could not be refugee safe zones in the home regions. The UN and others have done that many times. Most of the refugees are male and even the women left home are complaining that the men left them.

Of course the "leaders" in the West made the messes to begin with. They bombed Libya so that its another Somalia and they meddled in Syria when they should have left it alone. Most regrettable is that certain leaders (Obama being one) seem to have a creepy affinity for Daesh/IS, and not only refuses to stop them (he even drops them warnings before bombings) but sends arms to the region knowing they will be captured. Obama, Soros and others quite like seeing the waves of "refugees" flooding into Europe. That's how they see it being broken down and made more "manageable" - just a few more cards slipped into the globalist deck.

Now Merkel wants "safe zones" but she should have been trying to get those a long time ago.

"Germany is seeking the creation of "safe zones" to shelter refugees in Syria, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Saturday, an idea Turkey has long championed in the face of U.N. caution."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu...-idUSKCN0XK0BS

"Migrants to Europe skew heavily male—and that’s dangerous."
http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...sis-men-213500

Old 25-06-2016, 11:18 PM   #110
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

I will read those articles once I'm on my laptop rather than on my phone.
Thanks for the links, it sounds interesting.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 26-06-2016, 12:00 AM   #111
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Having read about some of the nasty racist stuff that is being said to people who are assumed to be foreign, I am disgusted! It's like leaving the Eu has made people think it's ok to be racist prats!

I am gutted that our country has made this decision and scared for the future. If someone could let me know of a nice quiet friendly place I can hideout for the rest of my life, let me know because I'm not sure I want to live here anymore!!!!

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #112
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

I'm probably moving to a bigger place around September, you're always welcome ;)

I think casual racism has become socially acceptable these days in general.
I'm horrified by the things people think are okay to say in public or private.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 26-06-2016, 01:36 AM   #113
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
I was replying to Auror. Your reply got in before mine.
Ah - you're lucky I kept it short lol.

I did like the video by the way. The points seemed correct and I like the mellow "shut-up..just shut-up" lol

Old 26-06-2016, 01:51 AM   #114
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

Rageaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #115
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

Personally I am scared for what the future holds especially for us young generation; although lots of people will be affected, it will affect younger generation the most , but i don't think it was all to do with the older generation. Poor education also plays a part in the results as few hours after the result, the most searched question on Google was "What is the Eu?", surely people should know or learn about what is the Eu before the vote was to take place.

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.”

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #116
Sock

I am currently:

Quote:
I'm probably moving to a bigger place around September, you're always welcome ;)

I think casual racism has become socially acceptable these days in general.
I'm horrified by the things people think are okay to say in public or private.
i experienced a racist comment yesterday. i was waiting cross at a traffic light and a car drove past with some guy screaming 'go back to your country'. i was shocked, i did not see tht coming. i've lived here all my life and this is home. really made me feel like not leaving the house now.

Doesn’t offend me though. Actually feel sorry for these racists, because theyre most likely the ones who have no clue what the EU is and what their vote means. They were so worried about immigrants ruining the economy and what did they do… they went ahead and did it themselves.

Last edited by Sock : 26-06-2016 at 09:14 AM. Reason: add

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #117
Isoverity

I am currently:

Labour is in disarray after so many of its voters backed Brexit. With such a broad referendum vote I think it would be very hard to ignore results for long. A "do-over" vote isn't probable even if possible (T Blair).

UK aside, the referendum just pulled the rug out from EU, and I'm reading a lot of discussions about "what they UK can do now" that assume the EU remains static while UK sorts itself. I think the longer things drag on the worse it will be for the EU as well as UK. Thats why even EU members are asking UK not to dawdle

After leaving the EU it is possible to rejoin (article 50 says so) so there should.be no torschlusspanik. I think it would be more prudent to leave so that all parties don't die the death of 1000 cuts trying to sift through tortured agreements (Article 50 seems intentionally vague to make it hard to leave neatly). It reminds me of those stories about divorced people who still live together because they cant afford to leave. Once out the UK could always go back.

There is also something called the "Norway Option" being highlighted but it keeps things people dislike most

Old 26-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #118
Sock

I am currently:

i do see a second referendum happening, especially since they seem to be putting off article 50. I also heard theres a petition going around to allow 16/17 yr olds to vote in the 2nd referendum (if we have one) which should change the figures quite a lot.

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #119
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

A second referendum feels pathetic to me if I'm honest and I wanted to remain.

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #120
Isoverity

I am currently:

I was reading how the idea for the EU arose from a desire to minimise chances for wars but it seems to me Europe's affinity for treaties, alliances etc. has been a major cause of wars in Europe. It also seems the island nations have been better at serving chaos on the continent. In a lot of ways not much is new under the sun.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)