RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
Vlad

Contains sexual abuse - Does anybody know what the process of reporting SA in Scotland is like? [Details inside]

So firstly, I know I've not been about in months, maybe years at this point and so I feel like a bit of a d*ck [can't even remember the site's stance on swearing] for jumping straight back in with a question but I feel that I need to and so apologies for that.
I left a while back because I thought a change of scenery would be good but then the wonderful NHS being what it is has royally screwed me over in that time in multiple ways and I've sort of scurried back.

But to the main point of the topic:

Does anybody know what the process of reporting SA to the police in Scotland is like? (I say Scotland because I know in many ways Scots and English law for example differs from one another.)

So some background info:

About 16/17 years ago I was sexually abused by my cousin, their age I'm not entirely sure about although they were certainly old enough to know what they were doing and so to me it falls outside of the 'kids just playing' thing I've read about.
We were always alone when it happened so it's not like I even have any proof.

So this brings me on to, what would happen then if I went into a police station and tried to report it?
I know I'd most likely be asked to give a statement but after that what happens? Have any of you done it before? Especially because there's no proof I'm not sure.

To be honest I don't want to go through the stress of having to talk about it all and possibly causing tons of family drama if nothing happens.
Also, to be perfectly honest, if nothing came of it it also in my mind could lead to a bit of a risk if the cousin is question and then has a problem with me, (he already blocked me on Facebook when I tried to confront him - which was with an alt account with a fake name and spam email), or alternatively rather than him being the risk I truthfully can't say I wouldn't simply snap over it.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice on this, I tried searching the forums and looking about online but didn't really find anything useful.

"Tutto è bello..." - "Everything is beautiful..."
Nicola to Matteo, La meglio gioventù

Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 15-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there.

I don't have any personal experiences of this as I'm in England however this fact-sheet might help and some of the links may help you.

Sorry I have no other help; but your local CAB should be able to advise better, or of course your local victim support or police station.

Take care.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)