RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2017, 05:38 AM   #1
Arienette

I am currently:
Restricted affect: due to quetiapine?

I received my latest psych report yesterday. He said I had restricted affect.

I suppose I had noticed this but I consider it good because it means I can get stuff done. People in my life are getting upset with my lack of caring or supportiveness. I suppose I am a bit cold now.

I wondered if this could be an effect of my quetiapine? Or is that is characteristic of ASD spectrum? I'm not sure. It's not OVERLY important that I know, but if one day it affects a relationship I really want to keep then that may be a problem.

At the moment though, it is quite a handy space to be in bc I'm not over reacting or depressed and when I have been feeling low lately or thinking about Annabelle, I've managed to stay in control of the situation.

I was just curious I suppose. Googling isn't turning up succinct or direct answers.

Thanks

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
~SuNsHiNe~

I am currently:

I know when I was prescribed Quetiapine it had that effect on me (so much so that I changed meds) but its hard to say really. maybe ask your dr?

"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it turned into a beautiful butterfly..."

~SuNsHiNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Arienette

I am currently:

Yeah. I'm no type due to see the dr for another 3-6 months I don't think. He is locum so leaves in February.

I could ask my cc when I see her next and get her thoughts/take on it.

Also she might have news about this assessment she's been chasing up. I kind of just want to know because I feel like it might be a helpful thing to know and be taught how to manage etc.

Rather than feeling blindly and maybe not thinking of helpful tools that may help me because I just don't know or know where to look etc.

Thanks for your replies. If it is quetiapine related I think I'll stay on it anyway. It's made such a difference and at the moment it's not bothering me so much as I find being less sensitive quite helpful.

X

Staring at white washed walls

Arienette is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)