RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
wannabenormal
=How to Save a Life=

I am currently:
Posting in the right place....HELP!!!

Okay I was meant to post this here... I posted it in the wrong forum ha ha... sorry folks!!...

"I recently posted this in another board... and I wanted to post it up here... for any advice/help/support etc...I guess I just need someone to tell me that yes my disorder is real... and yes I can now admit to having it and start to look at how to address it and overcome it!!...

I also posted this in the introduction section as I didnt see this section so please ignore if you read it there!!!

"Okay I wanted to ask it here because I made the point to my doctor and well he just kinda laughed it off and said it was my lack of will power...

Does anyone know.... is there such a thing as a over eating disorder? I mean... like being addicted to food?

The reason I ask...and yes I've been alone being fat all my life so... I'm sure maybe loads of people will read this and think 'I thought that too' but.... I wanted to see was it just me or was there something actually wrong with me...

I think about food like maybe out of 15hrs of being awake... prob... 10-12hrs of that time... I think what I'm going to eat next... I think if I am hungry... when I'm having lunch Im planning dinner... it's like its something that totally haunts me... I'm being deadly serious here!! And yes I do have a professional job and I have a lot of stress from work so its not like im sitting on the couch thinking this, I am busy yet I still think about food!!!

I really do think there is something actually wrong with me that is completely addicted to food. I mean... I eat just to have food in my mouth I think... I can be busting to the seams and I'll still continue eating because something tastes good or I have a craving... it's insane!! And I can't seem to stop it... I really really want some help here because this really is the downfall to my motivation to both starting eating healthy and continuing to eat healthy....

I posted somewhere else that I can drop a lot of weight no problem within a few months... healthy eating, going to gym, exercising...all naturally and properly.... but.... when I get bored of it... or I start to think of food again I can pile that weight back on very easily... and its a totally vicious circle... and I do realise that this is maybe the same for every over weight person who wants to lose weight...

I'm scared though that I am never going to overcome this!! I'm truely scared that there really is something wrong with me that I'm addicted to food and I just have absolutely NO will power to keep losing weight. I crave bad food, it's like an addiction, like I NEED it... and that has got to be so wrong!!! And it worries me that I am at a stage in my life where I am going to spend my whole life unhappy and fat if I dont grab this now and fix it!! I'm 32 and I've been over weight on and off since I was probably 16yrs old... I was thin in school, put on some weight over puberty and then lost it through college... piling it on constantly over a number of years due to a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...and now it's completely out of control!!!!

Is there something I can do? Is there something I can take to decrease my appetite or craving or need to eat??? And I mean something that actually works not a miracle cure drug that does nothing. I feel like I need to be put into a rehab clinic where they feed you and make you do exercise ha ha...that's where I'm at, I truely do feel there is something really badly wrong with me... and I'm scared to heck that I'll never get this under control!!!

Another thing... you know how with anorexia they say that you look in the mirror and believe you look fat or that you generally feel fat... its like im the opposite... I actually look in the mirror and think I look better or slimmer than I truly am... and I think I have convinced myself in my mind that I am not as big as I really am... then I see pics and cant believe its the same person because it doesnt look like its the same person I see in the mirror... that is so warped... and its truly scarey!!...

Any help... very welcomed.... and any support also... I need someone or something to help me to motivate myself.... and I know its easy saying oh when you decide to do it you'll do it... but I do want and need to do it for health reasons but I still cant!!!

Help Please!!!! "

Last edited by Tears and Rain : 07-05-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Removed weights again - please read the ED Rules of posting.x

=One Step at a Time... One Day at a Time=

wannabenormal is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Ahhh I totally relate to what you have said here, near every word.

A while ago I could look in the mirror and think it was okay, and then see a photo and think ohmygod. Recently I've been able to see the reality after gaining some weight but until then I didn't really notice what I was doing to myself in the mirror.

I understand it is difficult, I know the cravings and when it dominates your mind all day. I am shocked that your doctor reacted like that. It is a real eating disorder. Obviously I can't diagnose you as having an eating disorder but it should be taken seriously, ESPECIALLY as it is causing you this much pain.

I can really understand the desperateness you're feeling in wanting this to end. It CAN end. Don't give up. I think seeing a psychologist to get behind the reasons you have these cravings etc is a good idea. Have you mentioned it to a psychologist before? It might be worth it.

Keep posting, and don't give up xx

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
[pretty on the inside]

I am currently:

I can definitely understand the addiction to food. I am bulimic, and the mindset is very similar. I'm constantly thinking about what I'm going to eat or binge on next and I can't concentrate on anything because I always have these distracting thoughts in the back of my mind. I posted this in another thread, which might help:
Quote:
1. If you're going out where you might buy binge food, don't take any money or your cash card.
2. Don't keep any binge food in the house.
3. Make sure you're drinking enough water. Sometimes we feel hungry when we're actually thirsty.
4. At mealtimes, put out all of the food at once, and put any leftovers in a tupperware box or whatever. Take single slices of bread to the table, not a loaf that you can binge on.
5. Buy things in individual packets.
6. Drinking alcohol and smoking weed make me binge and purge more, so I try to avoid them, or avoid them in situations where I might eat.
7. Don't shop hungry, or go into shops just to look at the food (the latter is a weird habit I have that can trigger binges).
It's so hard trying to get on top of food addiction. For any other addiction, you can simply stop cold turkey, but eating is necessary to survive.

xKaylx

[pretty on the inside] is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)