Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
Fred!
Jesus loves me, however much I don't <3

I am currently:
Increasing intake

Hey

I'm struggling with food a lot at the moment and this weekend I'm going away with some friends for an activity thing and I NEED to up how much I eat for the weekend (otherwise I'm likely to pass out). But I've no idea how to go about doing that. I'm terrified of eating more. Like... seriously scared of the food.

Eating hurts my stomach too which puts me off massively. I just need some help with working out how to get there with how much I need to eat. I'm trying to increase today a little bit but it's not very easy :( in fact it's really difficult.

I know how to do this 'in theory' but then my anxiety ramps up and up and I just sit there looking at the food and crying.

ugh
I don't know. I wish I had someone I could talk to about this properly but I haven't :( nobody IRL understands.

Death is one moment, and life is so many of them.

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams

I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad,
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

I'm actually a girl. My nickname was given by a friend and stuck ;)

Fred! is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

What about sipping fruit juice or smoothies? Good for energy, nice and healthy and not "food" as such.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #3
sophie.ashworth

I am currently:

i know that when i was looking at increasing years ago i fell apart at the thought of food so my dietician and i planned out my day so there were no surprises and i had 6 'mini meals' a day. its a good way of reaching targets without the uncomfortable feel of a very full tummy, do you think that would work for you?

Help me live not just survive.

sophie.ashworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #4
Fred!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonperson View Post
What about sipping fruit juice or smoothies? Good for energy, nice and healthy and not "food" as such.
I'm very reluctant to start drinking calories. But I might do for this weekend as a starting point. Thanks xx

Don't look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you'll know you're dead.

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 03-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #5
Fred!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie.ashworth View Post
i know that when i was looking at increasing years ago i fell apart at the thought of food so my dietician and i planned out my day so there were no surprises and i had 6 'mini meals' a day. its a good way of reaching targets without the uncomfortable feel of a very full tummy, do you think that would work for you?
Unfortunately I live with my parents and they are quite insistent that I eat with them in the evening (which basically means I don't eat during the day because of the calories in dinner). They know I'm not eating 'properly' but I don't think they know quite how bad it is and I don't want to discuss it with them tbh.

I'm so scared of over-eating (because when I do, I get suicidal) that I'd rather just not eat. I think that I might try and include a couple of snacks each day at the weekend especially (maybe a piece of fruit and something savoury) as well as eating 'me sized' meals. Hopefully it'll be manageable.

~ Tennessee Williams

Old 16-07-2018, 01:58 AM   #6
Auror.
Camden

I know this is a bit old and maybe you don't need suggestions anymore.

But fruit juice or smoothies, if they're something you aren't used to, might actually make your stomach hurt more. Chances are if you're not eating enough the easiest way to try to increase might be with smaller amounts of more calorie dense food. So nut butters and bread, things like that. It's hard because increasing or eating different things might make your stomach hurt more until your body adjusts to more food. And it's uncomfortable and painful.

Is seeing a professional to get some advice and support with this an option? Depending on how little you are eating, trying to increase the amount can actually be dangerous medically.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 06:48 PM   #7
Fred!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
I know this is a bit old and maybe you don't need suggestions anymore.

But fruit juice or smoothies, if they're something you aren't used to, might actually make your stomach hurt more. Chances are if you're not eating enough the easiest way to try to increase might be with smaller amounts of more calorie dense food. So nut butters and bread, things like that. It's hard because increasing or eating different things might make your stomach hurt more until your body adjusts to more food. And it's uncomfortable and painful.

Is seeing a professional to get some advice and support with this an option? Depending on how little you are eating, trying to increase the amount can actually be dangerous medically.
Hey xx thanks for replying. I just needed to increase for the weekend away but was struggling to manage it because of thoughts etc. I did manage to eat more for the days I was away. I have EDNOS (I think) so when I can't eat, I can't eat. But when I can eat, I eat it all. The problem is that when I can't eat, I struggle even more to increase when I need to because I know it'll trigger me eating even more :/ rather than just eating 'manageable' amounts. I hope that makes sense xx

~ Tennessee Williams

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)