RYL Forums

View Poll Results: Who should get my vote for London Mayor?
Lawrence Webb (UKIP) 0 0%
Carlos Cortiglia (BNP) 0 0%
Siobhan Benita (Independent) 0 0%
Brian Paddick (Liberal Democrats) 0 0%
Boris Johnson (Conservatives) 14 35.00%
Jenny Jones (Green Party) 4 10.00%
Ken Livingstone (Labour) 5 12.50%
more lesbians 17 42.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:
London Mayor Elections- SRS BSNS poll!!

Apparently I have to vote for a mayor. Which seems like a perfect time for a good old poll. Yes. THE POLLS ARE BACK.

So, yeah, place your votes and get talking about politics!

DISCLAIMER: Before everyone gets mad at me for being a disgrace to the suffragettes by not taking my vote seriously, this poll is mainly just for lols. I will probably seriously consider the options and make an educated choice. Or else just look at the pictures and see who has the nicest smile.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
The One Who

I am currently:

I can't be the only person who laughed at "Carlos Cortiglia (BNP)".

I do not live in London so will not be voting. Although council elections are happening up here next week.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^I lol'd too.

BORIS gets my vote.

Although Ken does 'plan' on rent capping. But I doubt that would happen.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

As a non-Londoner I know nothing about this election or the personalities involved, so my input would be essentially worthless. However, I have learned from watching various comedy quiz shows on Dave that Boris Johnson is a bloody hero. Stopped a mugging and everything. So it'd be kind of like having Batman for mayor.

The main reason I posted in this thread was to send you hugs and nice thoughts for your relapse into the hell of poll addiction (-nna's Disease). Get well soon.

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
I can't be the only person who laughed at "Carlos Cortiglia (BNP)".
He's italian. trololol. Self-hating immigrants are so much fun. I'm also amused that he's just casually dropped in a promise of free weekend tube and train travel. I wonder if he actually put any thought into the manifesto, or just was like, "oooh, shiny things =D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
BORIS gets my vote.
I HOPE YOU AND LAURENCE ARE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Rickshaws View Post
The main reason I posted in this thread was to send you hugs and nice thoughts for your relapse into the hell of poll addiction (-nna's Disease). Get well soon.
Thank you. Your support and sympathy are greatly appreciated during this difficult time.

Old 27-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
He's italian. trololol. Self-hating immigrants are so much fun. I'm also amused that he's just casually dropped in a promise of free weekend tube and train travel. I wonder if he actually put any thought into the manifesto, or just was like, "oooh, shiny things =D"
I thought he was from Uruguay? He might have Italian parents though, I don't know. You've gotta love politics, some of the stuff they come out with is unbelievable.

Anyway, Boris ftw!

Old 27-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Jefferson.Meriwether
This is Sparta

If I were going to vote in the mayor elections I would more than likely vote for good old Boris Definitely Boris FTW

Tiff is my RYL Mum
Sefka is my RYL Sis

Jefferson.Meriwether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Oh, I dunno, it just said on his page in this leaflet thing I got in the mail that he is of Italian descent. I've also just noticed he wrote "Think commonsense". Common sense is two words Bloody foreigners, come into this country, steal our mayor jobs, don't even learn to speak the language...

Old 27-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
Bloody foreigners, come into this country, steal our mayor jobs, don't even learn to speak the language...
Vote BNP!

Oh. Wait.

Old 27-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Athiri
Perpetually Lost.

I am currently:

Boris is a master of good PR. He plays up to the 'lovable buffoon' but that doesn't make me forget who he is. He's a very wealthy man with absolutely no concept of the harsh realities of life that many in London have to endure, who once referred to black people as 'piccaninnies'.

What also worries me is that a lot of people like him but not his party. The Conservatives are well aware of this and distance themselves from him because of it.

Last edited by Athiri : 27-04-2012 at 02:06 PM.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Athiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Ken Livingstone if I lived in London that's who I would vote for..

BNP can come and suck my...you know where that's going.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athiri View Post
Boris is a master of good PR. He plays up to the 'lovable buffoon' but that doesn't make me forget who he is. He's a very wealthy man with absolutely no concept of the harsh realities of life that many in London have to endure, who once preferred to black people as 'piccaninnies'.

What also worries me is that a lot of people like him but not his party. The Conservatives are well aware of this and distance themselves from him because of it.
I'm a Tory at heart (with a touch of LD - I did well with this coalition!) so I disagree with the above. He's a strong leader and listens to the people. No politician can please everyone. It's about hitting the majority and doing what you can to help the minority. And I'm talking people there, not ethnicity.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athiri View Post
Boris is a master of good PR. He plays up to the 'lovable buffoon' but that doesn't make me forget who he is. He's a very wealthy man with absolutely no concept of the harsh realities of life that many in London have to endure, who once referred to black people as 'piccaninnies'.

To be fair, the vast majority of high-level politicians are from the upper middle class. The majority come from very wealthy backgrounds (hell, you practically have to or be incredibly lucky to stand a chance of getting anywhere in politics!) and very few know of the "harsh realities" that are faced by people all across the country.

Boris does have the image of being a blond buffoon, but I think he has done a lot better than most people thought he would. I don't live in London, so can't say for sure, but party politics shouldn't really be a major sticking point. I consider it to be like local council elections, where it is the people who matter, not necessarily the party they are affiliated to. Although I think that is the same of general elections, but to a lesser extent.

Old 27-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I feel the need to inform you that boris johnson is not who you think he is. During year 9 or 10 english, in a presentation about superheroes, one of my classmates uncovered his true identity.... Ornatmental cabbage man! Look at his head, its quite clear that his hair is really a cabbage in disguise. I really do think you should put some thought into whether or not you want a cabbage for mayor. Again.

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

Politics confuses me so, so much.
D:

Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.

Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
I consider it to be like local council elections, where it is the people who matter, not necessarily the party they are affiliated to. Although I think that is the same of general elections, but to a lesser extent.
I agree with this. Now, I don't follow English politics on any level so I can't really comment on the London mayor elections or the people involved, but in general I vote for whichever individual politician I believe to be best for the job. I don't care what party he/she is from. I have some conservative views and some liberal views, so I don't single out any party or its members as being definitively good or bad.

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
red_ry
teh king of the cr8zy

I am currently:

I have no idea of any of this, I just say vote Green Party! Around here, they're generally the only party with sensible positions.

red_ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Rafiki

I am currently:

BORIS ftw. That is all.

Stray Kids fan.

Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #19
chinahorse

I am currently:

I do not pretend to understand politics but Boris FTW. He makes for amusing sketches on comedy shows which is what this decision is based entirely upon.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #20
offlineforever
Left RYL

Jenna, what are the BNP's opinions on Lesbians?

I had an entertaining conversation with a local BNP candidate in our local elections a few years ago. He hated the LGBT community so I told him that my wife would not be happy to hear that and that my father also bans the BNP from coming on our property, THEN I slammed the door in his face.

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)