RYL Forums

View Poll Results: Did you masturbate as a child??
Yes since i was a toddler 11 23.40%
Since i was 8+ 19 40.43%
Since i was a teen 10 21.28%
Never 7 14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 21-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
Circle Of Fire

I am currently:
Childhood Masturbation

Ok if i dont get this sorted in my head i may go mad...its been bothing me for years...

I have been Masturbating since i could talk and when i was a kid i used ot do it in public and it was apparently "shameful" to my parents. I heard them arguing abotu it 6 months ago:(

anyway i juts done some reading on the net an apparently its common:

"Masturbation is quite common in young children. In most cases, it is considered a natural, normal behavior in children of all ages. Children often begin masturbating at around eighteen months of age. Masturbation tends to peak when children are between the ages of three and five. It then declines in frequency until puberty.
Many parents are surprised and/or shocked to find their children masturbating. Parents should keep in mind that masturbation generally causes no physical harm to their children. In most cases, problems result only when adults overreact.
For parents to deal with their children's masturbation they must know when it is normal and when it might indicate some underlying problem."

So far i only know one other person who has done it since they were 3 and i would like to know does anyone else have experiences with childhood Masturbation?
And if so when did you start and how did other react?? thanks:)

A bolt of Lightning Splits the Sky,
A MomentBurning then Dims to Die.

Circle Of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Sarika
Becca!

I am currently:

I was like 5 or 6 when I started, I didn't know any better. It stopped when I went to school, I guess I didn't have time? When I finally recognized what I was doing (only in my pre-teen years) I felt...guilty? But then I found out it was normal, and that it was healthy, so I didn't feel bad at all. I didn't get a reaction, I don't think anyone knew. You're not the only who was younger when they started masturbating.

Stay Safe Tonight

Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
Circle Of Fire

I am currently:

Im glad there are other people:)

One of my problems is that i used to do it infront of my parents till i was abotu 7 and i feel ratehr bad about it now....

A bolt of Lightning Splits the Sky,
A MomentBurning then Dims to Die.

Circle Of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Kaytii
VoH

I am currently:

*nod*
me

~*~ Kaytii ~*~

<a href=http://www.recoveryourlife.com//forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6942&dateline=1200436226 target=_blank>http://www.recoveryourlife.com//foru...e=1200436  226</a>

I Blame Y.o.u

Kaytii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
Devia_Angelus87
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

*shrug*....you shouldn't feel bad about it.....its not as if you could control yourself at that age.....you lacked the mental capacity to understand what you was doing

Plus sometimes parents can be a bit prude about these things so tend to over react and project their feelings of uncomfortableness onto their children.....but as is said....its perfectly natural

How many 4/5 year old boys do you reckon pull on their penis in front of people? (usually when they need to pee).....Isn't that a form of masterbation?

I started when I was 9/10....which is fairly young for a boy concidering I didn't start puberty until I was about 13....and I was caught in class doing it once in primary school....needless to say there was laughter and mocking all around

I had a vague understanding that it felt good.....but not why or anything like that until I was much older

Remember though....don't harbour these feelings any longer.....you could not help it....and cannot change the past

Devia_Angelus87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
surprising mystery

I am currently:

I did it as young as I can remember, and until I was about 6/7 I dont think I realised it was frowned upon, I think I was probably caught and told it was wrong or something cos I know I felt really guilty afterwards and when I was older. Funny thing is, Im now 18 and actually dont do it at all, wheres the sense in that,, aint I supposed to be some hormone crazy teen?!

But yeah, I learnt far too late that its normal, probably only a couple of years back did I learn that it was ok, and it was by me reading about it, cos nobody told me. :(

But yeah, as paul says, its probably unconcious to many children so whether or not you realised it 'everyone was at it' is probably the case. Try not to look back on it with shame, you just didnt know it was a normal thing thats all.

Take care xx

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
Xani
Carpe Diem

I am currently:

It's a perfectly natural thing
I wouldn't worry about it.

Most people do masturbate. Half of them don't know it's actually masturbation they're doing, the other half just don't say

Quote:
"Reaching out to embrace the random.

Reaching out to embrace whatever may come."

Xani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
Acephalous

I am currently:

Alot of people do do it from a young age.
I mean at around 4-6 you start noticing certain parts of yourself and you are more aware of things.
As babies, we get fixated with our toes lol.
As children, some people play 'some me yours ill show you mine' too much for their own good.
Its life, its growing up, yes it can make people uncomfortable, but its common.

My mum has run a childminding business from home for the last 14yrs - we are constantly telling children to get their hands out from their waistbands or to stop fiddling when they go to the toilet lol

Acephalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #9
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

I am currently:

As far as I can remember, I did it a little when I was about 8/9. It's funny. I'm not really into it now! =P

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)