RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #81
TheColdOne

I am currently:

Kyaneos: Why exactly is that funny to you?

Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #82
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

Actually some ed services wont take no for an answer,it depends on the individual circumstances and how the individual presents.

Trust me,id happily give my ed service place to someone who actually wants it,can use it and needs it. I went to my assessment because I had to,told them i didn't want their input and still got taken on by the service. Maybe in in a minority but it *does* actually happen.

Nickle-i hope you can do what's right for you. It is possible to recover on your own,its hard but can happen,maybe it'll be easier when you're out of the home environment (so away from the abuse),at uni you'll be doing something you want to do-that's always helpful when trying to beat an ed as it needs to be as much as,if not more time consuming than the ed. If you believe you can do it,there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #83
Derpy
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

Just told mum I'm not going and she's already made a fuss
I help a lot of people with severe mental health issues. Some of them undoubtedly would be counted as a severe risk to themselves and others, a severe risk to others. So, yeah I'm worried about the services finding out about them
And I am concerned about what happens once in the services, most people may be tried to be Pushed out of the services, but there are those few who are trapped against their will. And have been trapped in the past

Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #84
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColdOne View Post
Kyaneos: Why exactly is that funny to you?
It is funny to me because the OP is still so disillusioned, in spite of how many times we have told him otherwise, that he thinks the mental health services in the UK have the TIME or the FUNDS to go chasing after people's mentally ill friends!!!!

Chasing after you is one thing, but chasing after your friends who have NOTHING to do with them... seriously they are so overstretched both financially and practically, it just isnt even conceivable that they would waste their time with that!

Once again, if you dont want them to find out about either your issues OR your friend's... DON'T TELL THEM!!!! It REALLY is very simple. I really cannot understand why you insist on making this into the biggest issue on the planet when it is so simple.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #85
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

^^so someones genuine fear is funny?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #86
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snailonvalium View Post
^^so someones genuine fear is funny?
I'm really quite worried about some of the people on here tbh

Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #87
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

Ditto.

I hope you dont get too much grief off your mum for saying you dont want to go to an assesment.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #88
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

No, I am not laughing at him, I am laughing at the concept. There is a difference.

The fact that he is so preoccupied with a few cases of these friend's of his, without having any personal history with MH services himself, and the fact that he wont listen to reason. I, along with everyone else, has been really patient thus far, and we have long since given up on trying to persuade him to accept help.

There are very sick people in the UK who are in DESPERATE need and CRYING out for help, yet MH services dont have the time or money to give them the time of day... so yes, I do find it amusing that somebody would think they would go running after people who they dont even know... who have never even presented themselves in front of them, just to lock them up!

Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #89
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Are you in Avon and Wiltshire?

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #90
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Fly View Post
Are you in Avon and Wiltshire?
Idk. I don't think so, why? Is it a bad area?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #91
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

No just curious as they have a STEPS programme there and my boyfriend knows people who are part of that programme and could give you more information. It's located in Somerset/Bristol area.

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #92
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Im confused.....in the info about steps it states that they do not work through gp referals....yet you have been referred through your GP.Very odd.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #93
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaneos View Post
No, I am not laughing at him, I am laughing at the concept. There is a difference.

The fact that he is so preoccupied with a few cases of these friend's of his, without having any personal history with MH services himself, and the fact that he wont listen to reason. I, along with everyone else, has been really patient thus far, and we have long since given up on trying to persuade him to accept help.

There are very sick people in the UK who are in DESPERATE need and CRYING out for help, yet MH services dont have the time or money to give them the time of day... so yes, I do find it amusing that somebody would think they would go running after people who they dont even know... who have never even presented themselves in front of them, just to lock them up!
At least one of these friends is a psychotic (schizophrenic) and that is one of the conditions MOST likely to get someone involved with the mh services. So yeah, they could end up being assessed if anyone found out what happened over the year I knew him. I personally cannot be responsible for getting someone involved in the mh services. So no, I don't want to take that chance

Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #94
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Fly View Post
No just curious as they have a STEPS programme there and my boyfriend knows people who are part of that programme and could give you more information. It's located in Somerset/Bristol area.
Any information that can be given would be useful. Personal experiences etc would also be useful

Old 03-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #95
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

There are several severices called STEPS for EDs in the UK, it would help if we knew which country or NHS trust you were under.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #96
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
Im confused.....in the info about steps it states that they do not work through gp referals....yet you have been referred through your GP.Very odd.
That's the mental health services for you. And somewhere else it said that "it's best to be referred through your gp"

Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #97
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
There are several severices called STEPS for EDs in the UK, it would help if we knew which country or NHS trust you were under.
England. That's all I feel comfortable saying (sorry)

Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #98
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

There are loads of services called STEPS in the UK. If you're not comfortable saying where you are/which one you were referred to we really can't help.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #99
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelback4Ever View Post
At least one of these friends is a psychotic (schizophrenic) and that is one of the conditions MOST likely to get someone involved with the mh services. So yeah, they could end up being assessed if anyone found out what happened over the year I knew him. I personally cannot be responsible for getting someone involved in the mh services. So no, I don't want to take that chance
Fine... so dont talk to them about your friends. Once again... simple!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #100
Derpy

I am currently:

I'm sorry I don't feel comfortable saying what area I live in.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)