Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #501
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*decides to bump just cause*
:P
<3

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #502
Fitzwilliam

I am currently:

Hi..Erm not exactly new here but just started posting on the forum although been in chat a few times.
But I've saw this thread a few times and thought I may post in it...New to this posting thing.
I've been a Christian for most of my life, as my family are Christian.
Unfortunately during tough times recently I have distanced myself from God, and feel bad for wanting to come close to Him again. [If that makes sense] And I'm going to a Christian camp in a few weeks, looking forward to it as I may be able to rebuild my relationship up again but quite scared....
But yeah, think I'll stop there, just that I don't think anyone I know as a Christian or a Self Harmer would understand any of this and this seemed a good place to talk about it.
Hope to post in here more...

Fitzwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #503
risenfromperdition

welcome :)

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 02-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #504
TheSuffererComplex
Recovering, one moment at a time

I am currently:

Hi! That kinda does make sense for you too feel bad for wanting to get close to God again. I mean, it's the same thing as having a friend you have not talked to in a while and all of sudden coming back into contact and trying to reestablish that relationship. Don't worry, He'll invite you back to Him with loving arms.

Feel free to PM me. *hugs*

On my end, I went to church today, I was kinda mad, until the mass itself. I'm kinda really angry at God right now for my mother's death. I'm kinda confused if it's wrong or not to be mad at Him. I mean He's my God, he's done so much for me, and for me to strike back emotionally with anger... it just kinda don't feel right, but it's what I want to feel right now. Hope I'm making sense.

TheSuffererComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:31 AM   #505
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

It's understandable to be angry with God, you've suffered a huge loss, and God could have prevented it... This really makes me think of a biblical story... Read John 11:1-44 when you get a chance.
I'm not suggesting that your story will turn out like Martha and Mary's, I mean that sometimes bad things happen so that the glory of God can be revealed... and it's usually hard to recognize those times...
Just hold on to Jesus, He'll see you through.

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #506
Nineflyz

I am currently:

hey all
i've been a christian for about 7-8 yrs now but i really struggle with the SI thing. i am a bible college student and people here seriously don't understand. i know that life doesn't get better just because one is a christian but finding it difficult to see me relationship with GOd because of SI how come GOd isn't enough.

any thoughts on this, advice, suggestions

Freedom from addiction, freedom from pain. The suffering is worth the life I live now.

Nineflyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #507
risenfromperdition

*bumps*

nineflyz, i'll come back and reply later... its 3am and my brain's not here :p but until then... i know how you feel

Old 06-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #508
tamobhuuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineflyz View Post
hey all
i've been a christian for about 7-8 yrs now but i really struggle with the SI thing. i am a bible college student and people here seriously don't understand. i know that life doesn't get better just because one is a christian but finding it difficult to see me relationship with GOd because of SI how come GOd isn't enough.

any thoughts on this, advice, suggestions
SI does get in the way of a relationship with God, sure, because it takes the emphasis away from His grace to what we can do. Most people have that problem, just with different things, which don't get noticed in our society as bad: career, having fun, even praying/fasting/doing good works. an important thing to remember is that we do these things because of our longing and that it is a good thing we long, otherwise we wouldn't want to further our relationship with Him. And that's the thing with God not being enough - our relationship with Him will be enough when we are in heaven, but at the moment we are still imperfect, still learning, still taking up our cross every day.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #509
Artychik
Tired and Confused

I am currently:

I just bought this book :

I read the first few pages today... and I have to say I'm impressed, by the understanding and the practical advice. So much christian information tells you if you're depressed it's because there's something wrong with your relationship with God.

This book doesn't, sure depression will have an effect on the relationship...

Anyway... I'm going to try and continue with this book, but I thought I would share with you guys

xx

xxx
--------------------

Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #510
TheSuffererComplex

I am currently:

Cool. I may have to go check it out.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #511
risenfromperdition

thanks =)

Old 08-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #512
Shakespeare's Strumpet
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.

I am currently:

I told my youth pastor, and now he wants to talk to me about once a week.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Or any of it.
I don't feel like fighting anymore.

I do not want to know myself. I do not want to be myself. I know better, so I will strive to be better.

Shakespeare's Strumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #513
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

I had a similar experience... when my pastor said he'd like to talk to me about it, it made me incredibly nervous... but he helped tremendously. He helped me to see my situation from a biblical standpoint... I'm not going to say that he made everything better... I attempted suicide a few months after we started talking... but he never gave up on me.... he even took time away from his family to come visit me in the hospital. He did a great job in showing me Christ's love, and I'm grateful for that.

The hardest part was working up the courage to tell him in the first place, so congrats on doing that. :)

August 2, 2007

Old 08-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #514
Black and blue
Black and blue

I am currently:

Hiya. I don't know if anyone's already posted this, but:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA"]YouTube - Lifehouse's Everything Skit[/ame]

Too many slip ups.

Black and blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #515
TheSuffererComplex

I am currently:

^^ I'm probally stupid, but I don't get it...

Old 09-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #516
Shakespeare's Strumpet

I am currently:

Anyone else ever feel like there's too much pressure?
We're forgiven, we're redeemed. We're so pure and amazing, and we're all going to go spread the love.
We get washed white, and we turn around and screw everything up again.
And that whole east to west thing? I've never understood it. East becomes west. Everything comes full circle. So if our sins are separated as far from the east as from the west, that's just like saying they aren't separated at all. Two puzzle pieces you can fit back together.
I'm a new person, but the scars [literally, figuratively] never fade, and I'm still the same person I was then. People don't change. They just get older.
Nothing changes and the past repeats itself. So the future is the past.
And we're forgiven.
And we're supposed to tell other people how to live their lives.
It's too much pressure.
I can't be anyone's saint. I don't want to be. I'll be your sinner, but I'll be a compassionate one, and I'll try to help. Isn't that enough?

I do not want to know myself. I do not want to be myself. I know better, so I will strive to be better.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #517
Shakespeare's Strumpet

I am currently:

*bump*

Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 AM   #518
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Firstly about the Everything skit. It's about how when God created us, we were in harmony with him, and it shows Christ creating good things for the girls, [birds, fruit], but then temptations come and distract her [money, alcohol, sex, jealousy, SI] and she falls away [you can still see christ in the background trying to get to her], then she finally gets so depressed that she decides to take her own life... Then something happens [in my opinion, she remembers her relationship with Christ, and how happy she once was] she changes her mind and tries to go back to Him. but the sins are still in her way, and they overcome her. That's when Jesus rushes in and takes their beating, and saves her. I love it, it makes me cry everytime when she puts down the gun.... [i wish a friend of mine had had the strength to put down his gun... but none of us has any strength apart from christ... but that's another story]

and shakespearesstrumpet, i think sometimes we put more pressure on ourselves than God does. He doesn't expect us to be perfect, He excpects us to do our best, but that's all. He know's we are human, and we'll screw up. We simply have to repent.
So we are washed white and pure, then we screw it up. But because we are in Christ, God looks at us through His Son's blood, so he keeps on forgiving us over and over and over and over and over and over... even when we can't forgive ourselves.
and the east to west thing, think of Christ's arms. On the cross, they were pointing in exact opposite directions, if you start at his chest and go towards each arm. just think about them going directly east and west, not all the way around the earth, but to seperate sides of the universe....
and that was written when they thought the world was flat... so perhaps it's not the best metaphor nowadays.
maybe you don't feel like a new person. but the scriptures say that "if anyone is in christ, they are a new creation. the old had passed away, the new has come"
but we all go back to old habits and sins... it's in our nature... "like a dog returning to its vomit"
but God keeps on forgiving, he never lets go of us... and eventually habits are broken
change takes time
and sometimes it doesn't seem like God is answering our prayers, he always answers, but sometimes the answer is "no" or "wait"

August 2, 2007

Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 AM   #519
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

i love this song [I'm not alright by Sanctus Real]
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=J2LCvCBaqVg[/ame]

Last edited by healingraine : 11-03-2008 at 04:29 AM. Reason: name of song

August 2, 2007

Old 14-03-2008, 02:01 AM   #520
dazedandconfused

I am currently:
am i just being stubborn or is this normal??

ok...so i'm just wondering....can i have God and SI? because i know that i can't just ignore God anymore...he's there and if christianity is true its the only choice i've got, but i'm so scared to be a christian because i really don't want to give up my SI, I CANT. I don't mean like being a christian who slips up, i mean i refuse to give it up...i don't want to "surrender" that part of me
have any of you ever gone through this or is it just me being stubborn??

oh and salanna...i love that song! (i listen to some christian music cuz that's just how i've grown up lol)

Love so amazing, so divine
demands my soul, my life, my all. =)

dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)