RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #21
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Yeah, I guess so, maybe it would be better if it was taught as part of the curriculum, cause they cover eating disorderes and suicide ans stuf like that wh not SI?

you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried

howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 01:46 AM   #22
Circle Of Fire

I am currently:

well i knew that people punched walls when they were angry ect but i didnt really know about self harm before i started.

It was only months after when i though i might be depressed and i looked up signs of depression on the net and seen self injury. Then i did soem research on that and found RYL. It didnt really occur to me for the first few months when i done it that other people were like me or that there were lots of online communities..

I'm also pissed off the my teachers didnt notice that i had mental health issues. I mean perhaps alot of people are good at hiding it but they should have noticed that i stopped talking to people, started failing everything, ect. But then agian my school are great at playing the ignorance card..

A bolt of Lightning Splits the Sky,
A MomentBurning then Dims to Die.

Circle Of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #23
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Yeah, i have to admit its probably not to my creadit hat im a brilliant liar and actor that no one noticed mine til i slipped up bog time an went down stairs i na short sleeved tee no jumper. But i think it should be more public, remove the stigma, and help to educate people. Like when you tell people, the first thing they do is often to try and make you promise not too.
More

god knows we tried

Old 23-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #24
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

I didnt. I first started and thought I was the only one in the world that did it. then when my school counselling center called me out on it i came on the internet to do some reasearch, which is where I came across RYL.

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #25
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

I didn't. Started cause it was on TV.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #26
Rawrk

I had no idea, i was 11 when I started, so I didn't realise what it was.

Old 24-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #27
shadowedseraph

I am currently:

i think it should be more widely publicised, along with depression as something that happens to more and more young people every year

shadowedseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #28
atropine
Me

I am currently:

i didnt really know what it was, but when i started like really started, it was starting to become a topic on hollyoaks (the shame) and i kind of realised what it was from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Helpless.Suicidal* View Post
"I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself"
haha i actually love that joke, how tastless

Lace me up...

atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #29
</3.Miss.Abigail.</3
Life Is Wasted On Me

I am currently:

I Knew what self harm was. But I never knew anything about it. When I started, all I knew was that it helped me, and that I didn't want people to find out why. I knew that people would think I was attention seeking and that it was a bad thing.
When people did find out, I got into a lot of trouble with people at school, so I agree, It hink people need to be more aware of self harm. Especially parents and teachers. They need to know what to do if they're ever faced with the situations. When my teachers found out, they basically just yelled at me and got me into alot of trouble. It was awful.

If I, and others knew abot self harm, then it would have been alot easier for me. And other people.

She Was Kinda Fragile
And She Had Alot To Grapple With
But Basically She Kept It All Inside....

[Abigail{Loves}James]

</3.Miss.Abigail.</3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 10:25 PM   #30
xxendlessxx
Optimism is the key

I am currently:

...howl, i would be up for organising something because i didnt have a clue what it was when i started and if i knew just how much s*** can come along with it, i would have probably thought twice and found something else to help me cope. x

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge. Knowledge is Limited. Imagination Encircles The World". A. Einstein

xxendlessxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #31
idontwantnomorescars

I am currently:

I Didn't Have A Clue What Self Harm Was When I Started I Just Thought I Was Mental Or Something Because No One Ever Talked About Stuff Like That It Started Out With Small Scratches And Cuts At Age 11 Then By The Time I Got To High School I Had To Take Health As A Compulsary Subject Thats Where I Learnt What I Had Been Doing Was Self Harm, In A Way I Was Releived Because There Was A Name For What I Had Been Doing To Myself On The Downside Though It Confirmed I Had A Mental Illness :(

idontwantnomorescars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #32
Samz
Peter Pan

I am currently:

I had no idea, I thought I was the only person in the world to do it. I'd been hurting myself from a really young age, so cutting just seemed like a "natural" step for me. I didn't know self harm was as common as it is, I thought I was a complete freak.

I realised what I was doing by accident really... on another website I go on there used to be a "Self Harm Support" topic, I was curious and so read through it. I was so so shocked there were other people like me.

My school didn't even cover eating disorders & depression, let alone self harm. Something does need to be done about it, people need to be aware of what it is and why it's used.

take my hand, & we'll make it i swear.

Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #33
amaurosis
Five by Five

I am currently:

I didn't know about it and it took at least 2 years before I could admit to myself that it even was self-harm and that others were doing it aswell. I was totally in "there's no one like me"-denial.

Heaven. Hell. Whatever.

Last cut: 2014-08-22

amaurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #34
someone-hiding
Free.

I am currently:

I'd heard of it, but I didn't actually know what it really involved. I guess I was slightly naive on the whole topic. I thought it was for crazy people who wanted to kill themselves. I guess I was very wrong!

x

Do it for those who know you can and for those who think you can’t.

someone-hiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #35
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

Yeah hence the reasoning for mine eand xxendlesszz es campaign, i fyo uwant it more recognised and les taboo sign the petition! lol, i nmy sig, its to make it more heard of so people like us are aware. ect.

god knows we tried

Old 27-06-2007, 05:36 PM   #36
Rachta(s)AINT

I am currently:

Well, I knew what it was yes. I not sure I knew how bad/serious it really was, though.

You sit there in your heartache, waiting for some beautiful boy to, to save you from your old ways~ The Killers.

When Life Gives you Lemon, make lemonade, But when Life isn't Looking, Pour Lemonade of life's head and run like hell.

For all the wounds for that are never gonna scar me, for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me~MCR

Rachta(s)AINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #37
EveBlacke

I am currently:

i think that so few kids are aware of it until they actually do it themselves because adults are afraid to talk about it. they think that mentioning it to kids who don't know about it already will just make them go and SI, when actually it could prevent them from doing it in the first place if they were more aware of it and its consequences.

I knew about SI before i started doing it, but only because I know so many other people that do it. And then I didn't understand the full consequences.
Eve xxx

EveBlacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #38
Cathy
Stunned

I am currently:

I only knew of it because my cousin did it.

Then one day I was feeling down and decided to 'give it a go' and see if it helped.
It just seemed the logical thing to do at the time.

How far can you send emotions?

Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #39
.ghost.

I am currently:

I never cut until I was 14, but I always punched myself and gave myself bruises for as long as I can remember, and I never actually knew that that was a form of self harm.
When I cut I knew it was self harm, but I was too upset to actually care about anything at that moment in time.

The thing with youtube vids saying not to self harm doesn't really seem all that helpful though. How many people who are angry/upset/numb or whatever reason they are cutting will look at youtube vids first? I never thought about looking at anything on the internet before I first cut...
It might be helpful if anyone was just deciding to 'try' it, but I think people need to be made more aware about self harm.

Help, I'm alive
My heart keeps beating
Like a hammer

.ghost. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #40
revenge

to be honest..it sounds strange..but i don't actually remember the first time i cut..
i'm pretty sure i didn't know it was self-harm..
but i was only 11..i don't even know why i did it..i just wanted to feel pain..i guess, or i just dont know..

revenge is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)