RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
emiru

I am currently:
Hes always there*possibly triggering*

since i can remember(from about the age of 5) my dad has continually abused me both physically and emotionally, and im tired of it. I am now 17 and doing my a levels but i am continually told i am stupid and will never achieve anything in life and dont need college and exams by my dad, he even throws my work away. i have tried 2 explain to tutors but they all think i just want to get out of homework.

i dont know which is worse because when you are hit then it leaves a bruise, but then fades, but when you are continually put down it just stays with you for life and i dont know what to do. i really want to do my exams but i constantly think of my dad and what he could do. i always feel that he is there behind me watching me and everything i do!

should i finish my exams or just not bother as i am not good enough to do them and failing anyway he occupies every thought and is the main reason for my actions.

I will get over it one day but i feel i will end up like him

emiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:31 AM   #2
helper1218

I am currently:

Words can be just as damaging as hitting sometimes, and it makes sense that you're paranoid. When it comes to schoolwork try to hide it until you leave for school so he can't get rid of it. And try to remind yourself that you're in control and dad isn't there at school when you take exams. And I bet you could get into college and not only learn more but get away from dad always hovering and making you feel bad about yourself. *hugs* Good luck babe.

helper1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
bloodletting
wish someone cared enough to stop me....

I am currently:

big hugs hun...its sad hearing how parents can be like this towards their own children, our parents are the ones that are supposed to be behind us and supporting us in whatever we do, sadly that is not always the case. all i can say is don't let him win..get through school as best you can, when you leave the house leave your dad and his words behind, easier said then done but dont think about what he thinks and says to you, get through it and prove him wrong, and sweetie you wont end up like him.
take care xoxoxo

Do not follow the common path.....go where there is no path and leave a trail.....

bloodletting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
lydia.

Heya,
That sounds like a really tough situation sweetie. I know exam time can be very stressful. But these are your exams, not his. Do this for you, and you're future, as bloodletting said, prove him wrong.
Do you think you could try talk to a teacher, or someone else you trust, about what he does? He really shouldn't treat you that way and it needs to stop.
*squishes*

lydia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #5
emiru

I am currently:

i am soo sorry about the other night and thank you for all your support. i was just having an off day and im fine now, i will get over it and prove him wrong

emiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
rhi

That's a great attitiude to have.

Remember, your exams are a way out of the situation.

We're here to support whenever you need, whenever you have an off day or need to vent.

Rhi

Thank you for letting me stay here
Thank you for taking me in

-Gratitude, Ani DiFranco

rhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)