Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:
Can a CPN break confidentiality?/inpatient

On Wednesday my bf rang my CPN as he thought I was going to overdose again (I've done too many within the 6/7 weeks and my body isnt coping so he's worried). Anyway my CPN rang me and said if I didn't go to see straight away he would call my dad (I'm 19) as he's my next of kin to call the police? - but I don't see what my dad could hve done as no one knew where I was.

Today I had an even shitter day and I spoke to my CPN and he didn't say or do much. Anyway after the convo my bf asked if it helped talking to him but when I said no and that I found some pills. He once again rang my CPN and he said that he was going to call my dad as there isn't much he can do? - can he do this?

Sorry I also have another question. On Wednesday my CPN said I should be in hospital again however not like before where I was voluntary as I had to much freedom and that it was not safe enough so the only way it would work is if I get sectioned or if he sends me to a secure unit? Can he do this when eventually I agreed to go in voluntary? I don't understand what's happening he keeps confusing me. The issue is he has been an awesome CPN but it seems like he has no idea what to do next :(

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Yes they can break confidentitality if they feel you are a risk to your self or others and it is usually the next of kin they tell.

Your cpn has followed NHS protocol he has not done anything wrong but, rather, everything right.

And yes you can be sectioned even if you agree to go in voluntarily. It is usually because they feel you have no insight and the need to detain you to keep you safe.

Sorry your having a hard time x

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply Ballerina :),

I think I have the insight though :/. He keeps playing with my mind and says he regretted making me IP last month (my first admission) as it made me so much worse. And he learnt from that the only way even a hospital can keep me 'safe' is through 'lock down' not exactly sure what he means.

I don't understand though what is the point of telling my dad even though he lives two hours away to call the police? Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to have call them?

Thanks again for the reply :) x

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

It would make more sense to tell someone closer by but you have consented to your dad being your next of kin and NHS protocol can say that only thoes you have consented can know. So they are only allowed to tell him.

You might feel you have insight. But if they are thinking about sectioning you it is likely they don't agree with your insight.

Could you not ask for crisis team help for a little while till they decide what to do with you ?

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

They are only thinking about sectioning as they felt last time I was IP I had too much freedom thus wasn't safe at all - I might as well been in the community.

I hate the crisis team. Last time, I said I felt triggered and thought I was going to OD and the guy okay fine. Call us if you want but we will see you same time tomorrow. And then I did and it landed me in hospital on one of those 24 hour drips trying to save my liver :/ xxx

Call me R -

Old 08-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Hey, how are you doing?
I know you're struggling a lot right now, but is there any way that you could remind yourself of how awful ODing and being on the drip was to dissuade yourself from ODing again?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hey,
Thanks for the reply :). Im still really triggered. I tried ringing HTT last night and once again no one rang me back :(. I was so close but somehow I got the courage to talk to the bf.

I used to stop myself majority of the time by reminding myself how much I vomit after a few hours but in my last one I didn't vomit at all so it's hard to stop myself now as I showed no symptoms of having done a OD at all :/.

I just hate knowing I'm too unsafe to be in the community at the moment :( x

Call me R -

Old 09-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

If your on a locked ward (most psych units are these days) then you don't have freedoms unless they actually let you out. They can detain you without section on a locked ward. So maybe they could just send you to a more secure hospital?

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

I was on an acute ward which If u were voluntary and off 15 mins obs you could leave whenever and has to be back before 8pm unless u had were on hours obs.

Which actually didn't help as when I was out I did everything I wasn't meant to :/ so the whole purpose of being in hospital was useless. So i agree with what he says but I don't want to get sectioned. :( x

Call me R -

Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

So then ask if you can stay on 15miute obs ?

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Thanks for your replies; I have written a long letter almost like an essay :/ to give to my cpn and see what he has to say. Thanks alot guys jsut really scared now xxx

Call me R -

Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

How did it go with your CPN?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #13
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Hey,
Thanks for asking :)
He thinks were spending too much time being stuck in our sessions of talking too much about OD'ing. so were not really going to talk about it any more... We had a good session yesterday and he summed up everything about me in 3 words and got me to think about it.

I rang him today just needed to talk things over as something happend and i became really suicidal again and then he basically said your not even thinking about what we discussed yesterday. its not a choice you cant have 'out'. and ill call you tomorrow regarding when your appointment is next week. and then he hung up...

so now im on edge trying not to OD but its really hard :(. I know even if I take a little bit just to sh my body wont cope and ill be in A&E and then i will get admitted. I know my CPN will turn on me as i think hes fed up with the amount of time i have done this in 8 weeks :/. If anyone there please help :(

Call me R -

Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

It is 11.50pm right now if your still up I suggest you take a sleeping pill and go to sleep. You may feel differently when you wake up.

Last time I was depressed I thought about ODing a lot but every time I felt like I was gonna do it, even if it was 3 in the afternoon I would just take my sleeping meds and have a nap. After your brain has had a rest it will feel more able to cope with the feelings.

Also get rid of the pills you want to OD on. Flush them.

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #15
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Im not allowed sleeping pills - neither my GP or my psych will prescribe them in case i OD on them. I get there point though.

Its so hard to flush them :( ive tried and got no where. I dont know what to do :( Im trying to sleep but its getting me no where. the urges are so strong and the impulsivity is starting to take over.

Call me R -

Old 12-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #16
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

Hello. :)

Perhaps quit trying to sleep for half an hour. I always find that trying to sleep just gets me all het up, especially when I'm already finding things difficult.

It sounds as though things are really tough right now. Would it help to talk about the thoughts behind the urges? What will happen if you sit with the the urges and feelings of impulsiveness?

*hug*

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Flush them. If you really want to stop this you have to flush them. Watch a movie with the light off if you can't sleep it will make you sleepy. Or try doing a puzzle. Have you got any games on your phone or pc?

If you want this to stop only YOU can make the changes. Get through tonight is a good start.

The average,
well-adjusted adult

Call me Kate.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #18
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine View Post
Hello. :)

Perhaps quit trying to sleep for half an hour. I always find that trying to sleep just gets me all het up, especially when I'm already finding things difficult.

It sounds as though things are really tough right now. Would it help to talk about the thoughts behind the urges? What will happen if you sit with the the urges and feelings of impulsiveness?

*hug*
Thanks for the reply hun, much appreciated. I read my kindle and kept distracted; eventually fell asleep and then had flashback/nightmares and then couldnt hack it. I screwed up. (5 am)

Ended up in A&E much later on in the day(2 pm). basically my cpn and community psych want me IP again as im not coping (which im not) and its like im in a crisis everyday. so they tried to get the on duty psych to make me but she was on my side :/... which was suprising. They tried arranging a mha. anyway that didnt happen. the psych went to speak to them both and then htt.

htt dont want to work with me as im 'too high risk' but not sure whats happening. so they let me go home tonight on a condition i will return to the hospital tomorrow at 10 am or i will get sectioned :/ ... Eeeek! Tomorrow theres a meeting with HTT, Psych, Community psych, CPN and me to decide what to do as everyone is stuck as ip last time made me worse... and htt dont work with me and its not going any where. so really scared now x

Call me R -

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)