Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #1
MissGranger

I am currently:
Flupendixol depot injection

Hi I'm writing this thread because I've been advised by my IP consultant to start on the Flupendixol depot injection. I'm very scared and feel very embarrassed about it and he's asked me to make a decision when I can. I just wondered if anyone had any advice or has had any experience with this medication or other depots and if you've felt the same as I do? Have they worked well for you? Thank you x

Last edited by MissGranger : 02-01-2020 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Typo
MissGranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

Hi
I'm on a depot injection and honestly it's not too bad. You get used to it and the nurses who do it don't even think twice because they do it so much. Pretty sure you can ask to have it in the arm if you're embarrassed, I've always been given the option anyway.
It's worth a go.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Some can be given in the arm but some can't. For the ones that can't be given in your arm you can get it in your upper buttock which doesn't involve showing much flesh at all. I've been on a few depots and think they have been more useful than oral medication. It would be worth a try to see how you get on. I think you'd get used to it with time and it wouldn't bother you so much. It would be a shame to turn down an option that might be really good for you and could change your life for the better.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #4
MissGranger

I am currently:

Thanks. I would just really rather not. I'm just really uncomfortable with the whole thing

MissGranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I’m fairly sure Flupenthixol has to be given in the gluteal muscle (so upper outer part of bum cheek. I can only echo what others have said- I’ve given lots of depots and I honestly couldn’t describe a single person’s bum, nor would I remember the next time I saw them. Do you know what about it makes you uncomfortable?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)