RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #3501
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey Oly, sorry I haven't checked in on this thread for a while =S
Hope your peroid is a bit more manageable today! I kick up a royal fuss when I'm on mine, so I can't imagine what it must be like having Von Willebrand's!

How is uni stuff going at the moment?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #3502
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Am glad you feel calmer .
Today i have to go out the house and am really scared about it ...it means i have to go on buses and my thoughts and voices tell me to hurt people that are sitting near me ...my husband is coming with me but am still scared

What are you up to for the rest of today ?
Thanks. How did going out go? I have been doing some revision, but then I got distracted and cleaned the kitchen again, grr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
Hi Oly,

Im sorry your housemate left her bloodstained clothes for you to find, thats not nice at all! I very much doubt she has a blood borne virus, I understand being paranoid about that kind of thing but now you have cleaned the house and your hands try to remember that youve done the right thing and you are fine.

Can you buy yourself some new jellybeans as a treat? I think you have been really brave about the nose bleed and if she gets your old jellybeans some new ones might be nice for you. x
Thank you. I will try to keep logical. I cleaned the kitchen again today, this is getting really irritating. I've had one shower today and now I feel like I have to do it again. I used the Dettol wipes over the kitchen surface and my laptop, keyboard and mouse. I will talk to my social worker about this and ask her to ask my psych for advice.

I think that buying new jellybeans is a great idea. And I won't let L have any of them.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
Hey Oly, sorry I haven't checked in on this thread for a while =S
Hope your peroid is a bit more manageable today! I kick up a royal fuss when I'm on mine, so I can't imagine what it must be like having Von Willebrand's!

How is uni stuff going at the moment?
It's ok, don't worry. My period is finishing, a bit slowly. I am sorry to hear that your periods are bad. I was housebound on Sunday because of my period :/
Uni is going quite well. I am going there tomorrow, got a taxi coming at 7.30am, grr.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #3503
Zombie..

I am currently:

It went ok .. got to go out tomorrow to go to the bank and got the the film rental place to put back some games that my husband rented .
then on Thursday it my hearing voices group ...
i hope you are doing ok

Zombie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #3504
crazykat
Fight for another day

Glad your feeing calmer now but I can understand why it was upsetting. Liv has great advice.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #3505
Steel Maiden

Thank you both of you.

Insanity - good luck with the group and well done for going out.

Kat - thanks. I'm trying to keep my OCD under control but I think I will need the extra support.

--------

I've been reading my Mental Health Law textbook this evening and I am angry to realise how many infringements of the Mental Health Act, and even the Human Rights Act (!) that I have seen in hospital.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 21-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #3506
Steel Maiden

Sorry. I am feeling very paranoid now. My microserver was hacked into. Initially I thought it was amusing, but now I am scared.

Someone/some computer from "Tidewater Community College" in Taiwan hacked into my microserver via a brute force attack and messed up my system files.

I am concerned as I have files backed up on my microserver, some of which contain private information.

I should have disconnected my broadband box when I saw the data transfer lights flashing like mad!

My meds aren't making me tired and I can't sleep. I keep thinking that this is something more sinister than a bored young person messing about with his hacking skills.....

Old 22-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #3507
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Yeah - I do First Aid, and am always really angry when other people misuse the MCA (basically to force people to have treatment for things as small as being a little bit drunk).

The hack is probably not anything dangerous, it's probably just an automated thing, and I'm sure your information is fine.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #3508
lozza
just trying to fly εϊз

I am currently:

I know I've been slack with replying but I am always thinking of you hun
*cuddles lots* xxx

sometimes being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall
~˙·٠Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·˙~

my fur baby girls are my life <3
r.i.p my beautiful girl jackie. i will love you always no matter what - 6/5/10

lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #3509
Steel Maiden

Talaiporia - it is awful indeed. I was nearly forcibly treated under the MCA once but then they decided to put me on s136 of the MHA because apparently the A&E dept I was in wasn't a Place of Safety. Thank you, I will try to calm down about the hacking.

Lozza - thanks. How are you?

Old 22-02-2012, 07:33 AM   #3510
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Yeah, I had treatment forced on me a while back (I was drunk) but I felt like they took one look at my arms and were like "crazy person here" and didn't listen. Then ended up giving me a psych assessment (after holding me for 12 hours) even though my presenting complaint was alcohol. I ended up being so angry I just lied and said I was fine. It was awful.

I've had to do training about MCA and MHA, and so I'm well aware of what it does and doesn't allow - and yet it is repeatedly abused by people who should know better.

Old 22-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #3511
Steel Maiden

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that. It is very much abused. I saw infringements of the MHA in hospital a few times, and when I told the nurses which sections of the MHA were being misused, they told me to stop interfering!

Last edited by Steel Maiden : 22-02-2012 at 07:54 AM. Reason: additional

Old 22-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #3512
lozza
just trying to fly εϊз

I am currently:

*cuddles oly*

am very up and down. at the moment not great but thats just life i guess:(
thinking of you xxx

sometimes being strong means not holding back the tears but letting them fall
~˙·٠Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·˙~

my fur baby girls are my life <3
r.i.p my beautiful girl jackie. i will love you always no matter what - 6/5/10

lozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #3513
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

The worst bit, is being 'one of them' and seeing a patient mistreated, and not being able to do anything about it because it's a more senior person who's made the decision that someone who's simply a little bit tipsy should be strapped down to a stretcher because they've refused treatment (no evidence of any MH issues).

Yeah - I'm pretty sure I made my opinion clear, but was told if I tried to leave they'd call the police. It was a while ago, but I still jump every time I hear sirens. (I live opposite an ambulance station, on a main road, 5 minutes from one of the biggest hospitals in London, so, that sucks a bit).

I agree with the MHA and MCA in principle - I just hate how often it's misused as an excuse to force treatment on anyone, regardless of their presenting complaint. The whole idea of MCA/MHA is it gives patients back their rights, and you are supposed to at all times, try to discuss with the patient their wishes, no matter what state they're in.

Old 22-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #3514
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozza View Post
*cuddles oly*

am very up and down. at the moment not great but thats just life i guess:(
thinking of you xxx
I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of support do you have?
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talaiporia View Post
The worst bit, is being 'one of them' and seeing a patient mistreated, and not being able to do anything about it because it's a more senior person who's made the decision that someone who's simply a little bit tipsy should be strapped down to a stretcher because they've refused treatment (no evidence of any MH issues).

Yeah - I'm pretty sure I made my opinion clear, but was told if I tried to leave they'd call the police. It was a while ago, but I still jump every time I hear sirens. (I live opposite an ambulance station, on a main road, 5 minutes from one of the biggest hospitals in London, so, that sucks a bit).

I agree with the MHA and MCA in principle - I just hate how often it's misused as an excuse to force treatment on anyone, regardless of their presenting complaint. The whole idea of MCA/MHA is it gives patients back their rights, and you are supposed to at all times, try to discuss with the patient their wishes, no matter what state they're in.
That is well-said. I am sorry to hear that you were so mistreated. I've seen people in wards treated like crap because nurses think that because they're on section, they have no say in anything.

I am not sure - but is it illegal to force (even a sectioned patient) a patient to take clozapine on the grounds that it requires blood tests and blood tests cannot be enforced on a patient? Because when I was on the ward a few admissions ago, I saw an elderly patient with dementia (no idea why she wasn't on a geriatric ward) who was pretty much having clozapine rammed down her throat every day. They also forced her to have ECT under s62 of the MHA, which I am doubting was necessary in her situation.

In the Mental Health Act Code of Practise it does indeed say that patients should be discussed with about their wishes.

I hate it when people abuse the law.

Old 22-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #3515
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm not keen on ECT - my gran had it, and she's never been 'right' since. She acts oddly and eccentrically, and I think it's damaged her. My mum didn't agree with the treatment at the time but the doctors didn't give her or my Gran a choice - completely undermining the point of MHA/MCA because you're supposed to at least discuss it with relatives if the patient is too unwell to make a choice.

I was pretty sure ECT can't be forced so I looked it up. It says you can't, unless the patient essentially lacks capacity (doesn't understand the consequences of the treatment) and that a second doctor's opinion is required (Section 58). I don't really agree with that kind of treatment (of the old lady), but I'm sure there's ways of manipulating MHA to cover themselves. It doesn't make it okay though.

Last edited by talaiporia : 22-02-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: additional

Old 22-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #3516
Steel Maiden

Quote:
I'm not keen on ECT - my gran had it, and she's never been 'right' since. She acts oddly and eccentrically, and I think it's damaged her. My mum didn't agree with the treatment at the time but the doctors didn't give her or my Gran a choice - completely undermining the point of MHA/MCA because you're supposed to at least discuss it with relatives if the patient is too unwell to make a choice.

I was pretty sure ECT can't be forced so I looked it up. It says you can't, unless the patient essentially lacks capacity (doesn't understand the consequences of the treatment) and that a second doctor's opinion is required (Section 58). I don't really agree with that kind of treatment (of the old lady), but I'm sure there's ways of manipulating MHA to cover themselves. It doesn't make it okay though.
I am sorry to hear about your gran; it is totally wrong for them to enforce it upon her. Thank you for clarifying. The MHA/MCA should not be abused.

This old lady (and I observed her a lot as she was in the room opposite me) was on 1 to 1 obs all the time, but I couldn't see how ECT would help her. I also had no idea why she wasn't on a geriatric ward.

Hospital actually made me a lot more assertive; once a woman that I got along with was IMed with haloperidol. She then got bad EPS afterwards and I rushed to the nurse's office to tell them that she had EPS. They didn't seem to understand when I said "she has extra-pyramidal side effects" so I had to then say "she's physically unwell". A nurse then walked really slowly to her dorm and I heard the nurse say "you need to get some rest and calm down" to the woman and then she walked out! I was just fortunate that there was an SpR around, so I got her to see the woman and she asked the nurses to give her procyclidine!

Sorry, rant over.

Old 22-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #3517
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:

In August I was given compulsory ECT (against my wishes) as I was severely depressed, on a section two and assessed as lacking 'capacity'. My consultant was allowed to prescribe two treatments as an emergency measure and I then had to be seen by a SOAD before I could be given anymore. Although I saw the SOAD I didn't continue with the ECT as I agreed to take anti-depressant medication so hence it was deemed my 'capacity' had returmed.

It was a horrible feeling; being controlled in that way (I got very immature and refused to sign the consent form which they wanted me to do but obviously didn't need me to do because they were giving me ECT regardless). However, to be fair to the staff I was given lots of information about ECT and my rights etc and, at the end of the day, my consultant was acting in my best interests. Hard to see that at the time though. I'm rambling so will stop now, but just wanted to contribute to the discussion.

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Foxtrot Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #3518
Ellyx
Ella

I am currently:

I also feel i have been mistreated by hospital staff, forced IM rispirodne on me before, as i said i didn't want it. Again all to do with capacity and stuff. Loads of other stuff to but thats for another day.

How are you today? Are the files from your server ok? xx

Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality

Ellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #3519
Steel Maiden

I am sorry to hear that you both went through bad things.

My server is ok but it's blocked 4 hacking attempts today. I must be a bot now.

Aha the Spies are now infiltrating the public and my brain has been modified by Them too so I cannot study and will fail my exams so thanks a lot Spies for basically giving me brain damage and ruining my chances at getting a life.

Old 23-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #3520
Steel Maiden

I feel sick. The Spies are using Their gamma rays on me!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)