RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
recoverprincess

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Urgent - ear!

hi guys sprry tp bpther you
im kelly
ive had this problem for some time
ive got severe pain in my left ear and today i nearly got ran over bcoz of it becoz i couldnt hear the car behind me im gonna book an appointment tomoz but sometimes the advice on here is better
its not wax coz everytime i go doctors they check that
and ive not long been
when i was younger i use to glue ear but that got fixed and mum sed i cud have it back agen but its a really bad pain ive tried putting hot water bottle on it to calm pain down wont work i find it hard to swallow tablets so cnt take paracetamol please someone help its agerny
x

family- scarred2death is my freezer =]
EpicFailGirl- is my kitten
BrokenViens - is my popcorn
entropy- is my pineapple

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
PoisonedApple
Crazy Chic

have you noticed a difference in your equilibrium or just the pain?
It could be an ear infection. If it's been a problem for a while its best to make the soonest appointment possible or get checked at the hospital.

Old 29-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Animad

Really you need to get this checked out and hopefully they could fit you in the doctors today; really with problems like that they should be checked out in the first few days or permanent damage could be done if you have an infection in your outer ear and it spreads into your middle and inner ear.

If you've not been to the doctors yet you could try taking ibuprofen which is a different sort of 'pain-killer' to paracetamol or you could try paracetamol caplets/ capsules and see if you can swallow them easier. Before you take any of these ensure that you haven't got any medical problems against their use or takes any other meds that interact with them (it will say in the leaflet) and take it as the box says unless a doctor/ pharmacist says differently. ONLY try this if you've not seen your doctor yet and they haven't given you other advice.

You could also put a heat pad over the area or a flannel with hot water and that can soothe the pain in that area but again, that does not help with the underlying cause.

Really, there is little we can say other than seeing a doctor as they need to have a look in there and see what the problem is

Old 29-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
recoverprincess

I am currently:

just fought ill let u no i went to the doctor and where ur ear drum is ment to be the size of a ring and mine is just a slit thats why ive gone deaf its severly infected and the skin in ear is swallon up ive been given ear drops n nasty taste antiotics

entropy- is my pineapple

Old 30-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Animad

Yeah, it's good that you went to gt it checked then. Next time if you get the same sort of symptoms then go and see them as soon as possible rather than waiting as that only causes things to worsen and make sure you use the meds as directed and that you finish the end of the course.

Old 31-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #6
recoverprincess

I am currently:

if got ear drop floxicillion n ibrephen but everytime i take the floxicillion on i was sik so i lowered my dose to 1 instead of 2 shud i have odne thta?

entropy- is my pineapple

Old 31-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #7
Animad

Not really as it is unlikely to be effective at the lowered dose. With antibiotics you need to take them as they say and if you get side effects, sickness is a common one, then you should contact the doctor and they'll prescribe you something different. You may or may not have to see if you contact the surgery and say that you're getting side effects and what they are then they may ask you to see the doctor, the doctor may ring you back, or it could be that as they saw you so recently they just write out another prescription for you as it's regarding the same thing.

With antibiotics, it's not like painkillers. The drug has to be above a cerain level in the part of the body that it needs to fight the bacteria to be effective. For that to work the drug needs to be taken at a certain level and if taken below this it may be totally ineffective or if it works it's likely to only work against the weaker ones and so not clear it up completely and end up with a more resistant strain of bacteria which you don't want.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)