RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
asda online shopping

I am thinking of getting asda to deliver my shopping because tesco (who I normally shop with) have recently increased their minimum order to £40. I can't always afford £40. Also asda have local lager and heinz spaghetti bolognese which tesco sadly do not stock.

I was wondering what the asda home delivery service is like? Do they have many subsitutions? Do they deliver to any room of your choice or do they just deliver to the door? Anything else that I need to know?

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

I used to do Asda delivery at uni. The service is really good. More often than not I'd get my delivery early if they were in the area, when this happens they ring to see if you want the order early. You can choose to have no substitutions on the website when ordering, but if hey do send you them, they let you look through them and decide if you do or don't want them, if you don't they take it off your order and refund then. They do deliver to the door, but if you ask nicely they can carry it to the kitchen for you.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I wouldn't count on Asda to bring your shopping into the house, my nan (who is 84) asked the Asda man to bring her shopping into the house, never had a problem when she ordered from Tescos, he said it wasn't part of his job and took the shopping away! When we rang Asda they said that their drivers only have to deliver to the door whereas Tescos are required to offer to bring it inside.

I don't rate Asda because they always had a lot of substitutions and on a number of occasions they haven't turned up with my order!

It's the luck of the drawer really though, it can depend on drivers and what your local store has in stock etc!

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:57 PM   #4
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks everyone. It's mainly local lager that I want and heinz spaghetti bolognese. I would go to the store but I can't drive and it's a fair distance out of town that I would be knackered carrying it to the bus station. Also I always get Ided when buying alcohol because I don't look 25 even though I am 34. I am sick to death of being IDed whereas tesco online shopping don't care as long as you are over 18.

Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic

Old 11-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #5
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

I've ordered from asda a few times. Twice they haven't turned up and the time they did deliver most of my shopping had been substituted.
Not impressed with asda.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I ordered once form Asda and everything went of the next day. Total. Waste of money and it totally put me of online shopping. I dipped my toe into online shopping with morrisons and they are fab but do have a min order.

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #7
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by random.swirls View Post
I ordered once form Asda and everything went of the next day. Total. Waste of money and it totally put me of online shopping. I dipped my toe into online shopping with morrisons and they are fab but do have a min order.
Depends what you were buying, and it would be unlikely that everything actually went off that day, rather than a label stating an arbitrary date.

I prefer Tesco, simply because for what I'm buying they are cheaper, but I cannot justify the new minimum order, so I've jumped ship to Asda for now. Although Asda is also £40 in some areas...
So far, I've found them more expensive, and their two-hour window for deliveries is slightly inconvenient, but I've not had any real problems.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #8
The One Who

I am currently:

^ I could easily spend the £40 if I was going to be stocking up on household things as well as filling up the freezer with things, but it's the fresh food that annoys me. Before I could make the fresh food last long enough between deliveries. It's a good idea though, if you have friends/neighbours who would be interested in doing that.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #9
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I order from Asda a few times a week & have only ever had 1 problem, where they didn't deliver my shopping atall! They do have a lot of substitutions though, I have at least 1 every time I shop. But they are always on time, & sometimes early. The only downside I have found is that their customer service center isn't very helpful, Tesco can contact the driver of your shopping if its late, however Asda cannot.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #10
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I tried online shopping with Tesco on 2 occasions. The first was fine and the fresh things had a long time left on the use by date. The second time they substituted a few things, some were fine and one we sent back. But the fresh things were so close to their use by date that we could not eat everything before it went off so food had to go in the bin. We did not have a freezer so nothing could be frozen so it was a big waste of money.

I think online shopping is pretty much the same no matter what supermarket you opt for. The shopping will be picked early in the morning from your local store, and what you get delivered is dependent on the stock level of that specific store. The substitutions you get will be based on what the picker (a human being) decides, though a computer probably makes some suggestions.

I'd say give it a go a few times and see what it's like. Although I was put off that one time by Tesco I'd still order online again as we now have a freezer and it really does take the hassle out of physically going to the shop and getting it all home.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #11
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

If people have really short dates when I deliver to them I refund them and let them keep it for free or bin it. Whichever

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #12
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

I've contemplating buying online with Asda, but that's just lazy when it's down the road and I have my car. xD

BUT I have heard that Tesco is better when it comes to ordering online...

Field Of Paper Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #13
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I've always favoured Asda as the requesting a refund is easy to do online, & the drivers are always really nice, & know me.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #14
The One Who

I am currently:

Seriously, can someone explain how a date on a label makes you bin food? Fresh food, if stored properly, will remain good for many days after the label tells you. The food would need to be already half-rotten if you couldn't use it within a day or two.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #15
Enthused
In a warm place

I am currently:

Yeah the short date thing is just to cover themselves.

Enthused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #16
Emmabob.

I am currently:

the only thing we tend to get subbed for is fresh herbs, only thing we have issues with really is tarragon but seems to be a mass shortage of it around here.

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2015, 07:38 PM   #17
not_so_insig

I am currently:

Thanks everyone for their comments. I have ordered from asda so I will see what they are like before committing to them full time.

They let me order in a hour's slot and the delivery prices were similar to tesco (I ordered it an hour before my tesco order is due). It's mainly local lager (they must think I am an alcoholic), so if things get subsituted then it's no big deal.

Old 15-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #18
Wonderland.

I had a lot of problems with Asda. Not turning up on time on multiple occaisions. Not notifiying me when it's 2 hours late when they have the correct mobile number. Not finding my address, ringing me up every time to find it, when I clearly put in the notes bit of address exactly where it is - it's not hard to find (no where else has a problem). Didn't turn up for delivery and tried to say they've tried to deliver when I've been sat with my music turned down low and my intercom is loud as **** and I've been looking out my window every 5 mins. Turning up with 3 out of about 25 items, so I didn't sign for it. And then when I asked for redelivery they claimed I signed for it. The signature was a cross "X". Which clearly wasn't me, had my friend as a witness. Had to wait about 6 weeks to get the money back for that delivery. My area is pants though. Here in Notts is good.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #19
Iamcatbug
Cat

There seems to be a bit of a lottery with how successful Asda deliveries are! I have to say I was really surprised with the bad service some of you have gotten from them. Especially as in 5 years I've never had any issues at uni. Never tried delivery at home though.

Hope the delivery works out for you!

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #20
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Well im not chancing eating meat after the use by date.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)