RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 15-11-2008, 03:47 AM   #1
greencativ

I am currently:
SI Question - Getting Worse

Recently, my cutting has become worse and worse. I now have cuts that are roughly 1cm wide in some areas. Normally, my cuts don't hurt after the first day or two. I did these ones over a week ago, and still hurt and the coloring on the scab is unusual for me. I went to the doctor for one of them, but was told there was nothing that could be done since I waited over 24 hours. I am wondering if the cuts have gotten worse. Should I seek medical attention?

"To Die is Nothing; but It Is Terrible Not to Live." ~Victor Hugo

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 15-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
Animad

If the cuts are getting worse as in not healing or getting worse after you have done them then they do need to be looked at as there are chances of infection or internal damage which is causing them to worsen.

If you mean should they be looked at at the time then yes, cuts the size that you are explaining do need to be checked over ad evaluated as they may need to be stitched/ glued/ steri-stripped and properly cleaned and dressed. The advantages of this are less scarring, quicker healing, less chance of infection and ensuring no really serious damage has been done such as to underlying tissue/ muscle/ blood vessels which may need repairing.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)