RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Framing_Butterflies

I am currently:
Help

I've beebn clean for almost three months but the urges keep getting stronger. HELP ME

I just wanted this vague pain to be specific

Framing_Butterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
All I know is falling.

Hi there,

First, I'd like to say well done on the three months clean, that really is fantastic! You should be proud of that.

Now, do you know what's triggering your urges right now? Is it something specific, or just a craving to do it? If it's something specific bothering you, it might help to talk about it. If you're just craving doing it, try to find something else to do instead. There's so many different things you can do, and keep reminding yourself that you've gone three months, you can get through this rough patch. You have control over this, you have the strength to say "no, I'm not going to do this."

Stay strong, and keep talking.

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
crazykat
Fight for another day

How are you doing now? Well done for reaching out for help, that shows alot of strength. Also well done on three months that is fantastic. Is there something that has made the urge more stronger lately? Right now the important thing to focus on is getting through this rough patch, because it will pass. Urges can be difficult to deal with but not impossible, you can get past this. You might want to have a read of the article sticking to stopping which outlines how you can fight the urges and get through it. Also using distractions can be great, a great list of distractions can be found here. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)