RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #321
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Firstly, I want to mention that I'm excited that this thread as grown so much! For a while it was like 1 post a week, by the same 2 or 3 people... This is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgirl View Post
Here are some scriptures that my tutor gave me to give me hope or something.

psalm 95
phillipians 4:13
Jeremiah 29:11

enjoy em.

I got counselling this arvo and i am so scared. I am writing my counsellor a typed up letter now. Only have an hour session today cause i got in at the last minute cause my counsellor only came back to work yesterday. My tutor wants to know how it went; he will contact me afterwards.

I got a phone message from my tutor last night. I had asked him why does he care about me im just curious and he replied "i care about all of my students but you are special" I asked him why, he replied "because you have so much ability. Why would i travel an hr and a half to help you if you werent ".

i didnt know what to say to that.
My tutor also told me to continouly pray about my self harm and problems to god every night. he said eventually that will make a difference.

Ummm... what's "arvo"? anyways, it's wonderful that your tutor cares so much for you!

&&& EEEEK!!! I looooove Philippians 4:13! I know a little chant!!

"I can" *clap clap*
"I can" *clap clap*
"I can do all things" *clap clap*
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" "HUH!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by only2fail View Post
I heard this song --Natalie Grant's "In Better Hands"-- on the radio (on a Christian station) in the car tonight. I almost never listen to the radio, so it was a complete God-thing that I happen to hear it. I thought it may touch someone else, like it did me...

It’s hard to stand
On shifting sand
It’s hard to shine
In the shadows of the night
You can’t be free
If you don’t reach for help
And you can’t love
If you don’t love yourself
But there is hope when my faith runs out…
Cause I’m in better hands now

It’s like the sun is shining
When the rain is pouring down
It’s like my soul is flying
Though my feet are on the ground
So take this heart of mine
There’s no doubt
I’m in better hands now

I am strong
All because of you
I stand in awe of
Every mountain that you move
I am changed
Yesterday is gone
I am safe
From this moment on…
And there’s no fear when the night comes around
I’m in better hands now

It’s like the sun is shining
When the rain is pouring down
It’s like my soul is flying
Though my feet are on the ground
It’s like the world is silent
Though I know it isn’t true
It’s like the breath of Jesus
Is right here in this room
So take this heart of mine
There’s no doubt

You can’t be saved
If you’re not reaching out for help
I love Natalie Grant & that song in particular!! I heard her do it live for the first time in september, & I cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absi View Post
I found what i was looking for yesterday.

Matthew 21:22

If you believe, you will recieve whatever you ask for in prayer.
When you ask for something "In Jesus' Name" it must be the sort of thing that Jesus himself would pray for, so basically, God answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is "no".

...but that doesn't apply here... He always wants his children to be well.

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #322
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanna View Post
When you ask for something "In Jesus' Name" it must be the sort of thing that Jesus himself would pray for, so basically, God answers all prayers, but sometimes the answer is "no".

...but that doesn't apply here... He always wants his children to be well.
I was reffering to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentgirl View Post
My tutor also told me to continouly pray about my self harm and problems to god every night. he said eventually that will make a difference.
sorry if i have mislead people, i would never do that intentionally. I just thought that it was appropriate, sorry people.

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Absi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #323
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

This song always touches me... It's "Scars that save" by Kids in the Way...

Over and over your blood covers me.
How many times will it take me to see.
I am so dangerous.
I am so irresponsible.
Here I am, broken again, but then you show me,
you're wearing the scars that save.
How can you see me, as something so lovely.
Cause it's killing me that you took the blame.
Over and over it falls back to me.
My knees hit the floor and it's easy to see.
I am so arrogant.
I feel so unforgivable.
This is my same old song.
The one where I do it all wrong.
And I will try (fight) with all that I am to get it right in the end.

August 2, 2007

Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #324
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absi View Post
I was reffering to.

sorry if i have mislead people, i would never do that intentionally. I just thought that it was appropriate, sorry people.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you... I knew that was what you were talking about, that's why I added the bit about "That doesn't apply here, God always wants his children to be well."

I just thought I'd clarify that in case someone with bad intentions was reading & decided to challenge that for example "you mean if I pray long enough that i can marry a movie star it will happen?"

Once again, I didn't mean to be rude... sorry...

August 2, 2007

Old 05-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #325
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

<3 natalie grant *goes off to find on itunes*

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #326
risenfromperdition

Caedmon's Call- Piece of Glass
Can’t believe that I did it again
Wake me up from this nightmare
Cause this monster is wasting me away and taking my days

Every day I live a bit less; one night leads to another
Even if I went back would they recognize me or criticize me

Who are you that lies when you stare in my face
Telling me that I’m just a trace of the person I once was
Cause I just can't tell if you're telling the truth or a lie
On you I just can't rely
After all you're just a piece of glass

Still I control this nightmare, when I call it answers
But I can't tell it when to come, or when to stay

Cause I just can't tell if you're telling the truth or a lie
On you I just can't rely
After all you're just a piece of glass

Don’t talk, listen
Hold me tighter
Stay with me just for a while
Until the sun shines stay with me
Just give me one more day

Cause we're not the same, you're just a picture of me
You’re gone as soon as I leave; you've lived my life for me
And you're no more than a piece of glass
You're no more than just a piece of glass

^amazing song. mirrors suck *nod*

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 05-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #327
Angel_Girl
Polar Bear - you people are melting MY ICE!

I am currently:

Hey, everyone, I'd like to say that I'm not doing too well, prayers are welcome. Thank you.

God made sure we'd meet.

Angel_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #328
risenfromperdition

*hug* here if you wanna expand, but i'm praying <3

Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #329
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

I'll be praying.

&& that's lovely Heather. *runs off to download!*

& my friend Sarah, who I've mentioned before, is still not doing well. Now on top of being suicidal, she's not eating... & she's only 13... another friend and I told her parents, but they didn't do anything... and everytime I try to bring up anything about God, she just shrugs it off, which worries me, because I know she's a christian... I'm really worried about her, so prayers for the both of us are appreciated...

& also, the girl who is probably my best friend, Deanna, is a mormon... I'm trying to witness to her, but it's really difficult, because she has an answer to everything I point out... Prayers that God will speak to her and show her that there is no truth in mormonism are needed... & if anyone has any experience witnessing to a mormon, i'd love to hear about it...

August 2, 2007

Old 06-01-2008, 02:15 AM   #330
xXOpheliaXx
&quot;I want my innocence back&quot;

I am currently:

hey im rachel and im a Christian, well i was saved a few years ago but i have drifted a lot since then and really need to get it back, any suggeations? thanks people xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I will chain you to the truth, because the truth will set you free.

Lots of Love Rachel xxxxxxxxxxxx.

xXOpheliaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 AM   #331
somuchpain88

I am currently:

Hey guys. I could really use your prayers right now. It has been about a month since I have last SIed, but the urges have been really strong lately. The worst thing is that I have more opportunity to do it now b/c my roommate is gone for another month, so I am alone in my room. The college pastor at my church knows and she has told me to call and talk to her whenever I need to, but I just don't know what to say. And I feel horrible and like I am wasting her time.
Please help me!

"Unless you have lived my life hush, because the scars on the outside aren't as many as the scars on the inside."

somuchpain88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #332
lovelybones
Elizabeth

I am currently:

somuchpain88, you're in my thoughts and prayers :)
hope everything starts to get better, you can beat the urges!

lovelybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #333
Auburn Shadow

I am currently:

OK, I'm going to bite the bullet and post here. I don't know, I just feel like I couldn't get further away from God right now. I lost my faith a good 9 years ago or so when I first started the SI, still went on through my confirmation and everything though, almost as if I knew He would help me eventually. Now, I'm trying to give up the SI, I feel this is the right time to start rediscovering my faith and everything... Just it feels really strange. Like, I can't describe it but something's different since I've started making this effort.

Anyways, enough from me for the time being. *hugs everyone*

-Hana
xx

~Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly~

***get better soon baby, I need you***

Auburn Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #334
thingsareslippingagain

I am currently:

Hiya Hana,

Just wanted to say, we are all really proud of you for posting here = ] & so happy that you have come this far and want to recover, and also to rediscover your faith.

I don't really know what to say, just that well God never ever left your side, because you are still here today hun, and he still wants to have a realtionship with you, and without a doubt he has been waiting for you!

If you ever want to talk, PM me anytime x

I will be praying for you = ]

Lots of Love Abi xx

"Above all else, guard your heart."

thingsareslippingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #335
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Girl View Post
Hey, everyone, I'd like to say that I'm not doing too well, prayers are welcome. Thank you.
You are in my prayers hun. *hugs* pm me if you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanna View Post
my friend Sarah, who I've mentioned before, is still not doing well. Now on top of being suicidal, she's not eating... & she's only 13... another friend and I told her parents, but they didn't do anything... and everytime I try to bring up anything about God, she just shrugs it off, which worries me, because I know she's a christian... I'm really worried about her, so prayers for the both of us are appreciated...

& also, the girl who is probably my best friend, Deanna, is a mormon... I'm trying to witness to her, but it's really difficult, because she has an answer to everything I point out... Prayers that God will speak to her and show her that there is no truth in mormonism are needed... & if anyone has any experience witnessing to a mormon, i'd love to hear about it...
They are in my prayers too. *hugs you*

Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchpain88 View Post
Hey guys. I could really use your prayers right now. It has been about a month since I have last SIed, but the urges have been really strong lately. The worst thing is that I have more opportunity to do it now b/c my roommate is gone for another month, so I am alone in my room. The college pastor at my church knows and she has told me to call and talk to her whenever I need to, but I just don't know what to say. And I feel horrible and like I am wasting her time.
Please help me!
Prayers for you too. A month is really really great hun. Well done.
& you so lucky to have someone there to talk to when you need to, use it, please try not feel horrible, your not wasting her time. *hugs*

&

the people who are coming back into God's live, I'm so proud of you and pleased for you. God Loves you and wants you to be happy, He wants the best for you and is there for you always. <3

"A woman is like a teabag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 06-01-2008, 11:01 PM   #336
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by somuchpain88 View Post
Please help me!
You're in my prayers dear.
Congratulations on 1 month! :)
Is there any way that you could stay with someone, or could someone stay with you? That might help.
It's really good that your pastor knows, so if you need her, you don't have to struggle for the words to explain that you're a SIer... I understand about feeling bad, and wanting to reach out for help, but not knowing the right words... I encourage you to call her, sometimes it's nice just to know someone's there for you...
You won't be wasting her time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiceskater View Post
OK, I'm going to bite the bullet and post here. I don't know, I just feel like I couldn't get further away from God right now. I lost my faith a good 9 years ago or so when I first started the SI, still went on through my confirmation and everything though, almost as if I knew He would help me eventually. Now, I'm trying to give up the SI, I feel this is the right time to start rediscovering my faith and everything... Just it feels really strange. Like, I can't describe it but something's different since I've started making this effort.

Anyways, enough from me for the time being. *hugs everyone*

-Hana
xx
It will feel odd at first, that's just 'cause it's unfamiliar. Like if you hadn't ridden a bike in 10 years and then got on one again, it would be strange and awkward, you might even fall, but you'll get the hang of it again.

and I commend you for being brave enough to post, sometimes it takes a lot of courage to admit that you need help. We're always here if you need anything.

and about giving up SI, that's amazing! The biggest thing is actually deciding to quit!

xxx Salanna:romantic:

August 2, 2007

Old 06-01-2008, 11:36 PM   #337
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

Mmkay... So our pastor of 12 years retired last February, and we've had a mass of different interim pastors since then.

Today we had a congregational meeting to vote on the choice for a permanent pastor, and [of course] it passed. He starts next week.

I'm pretty excited, because he's 30 [whereas our last pastor was in his late 60s] & he plays the guitar & likes contemporary music. So it probably means some changes for my incredibly traditional presbyterian church... But I'm not complaining, change is good, and necessary for ministering to a changing world... & He's going to take over my sunday school class for a while so that our regular teacher can have a break...
Like I said, I'm excited about this new guy. :)

But I do have some concerns... Firstly, what if I don't like him? [even as I typed that out, I realize that it is not at all about me, but about the best interests of the church, but still, I can't help but think, "What if I don't like him?"...] [not that I have any reason to think I won't... my friend who has similar interests has met him and REALLY likes him, & she assures me that I will too...]

&& should I tell him about my SI right away? I have faded scars on my wrist, and incredibly noticeable ones near my shoulder [that are normally covered by a shirt], but during the summer I might wear tanktops, or shirts with really short sleeves...
I just don't know... He might notice on his own, and say something to me, but that could be incredibly awkward... but then again, there's the chance that he might never notice...

But it could be good if he knew what was going on beforehand, just in case I ever needed to talk...

& like I said, he's a younger man, so he's probably more understanding... & the last job he had, he was a youth pastor at a church that had 70 youth, so he's likely dealt with a self-injurer before, right???

I just don't want him to think badly of me if I tell him, or to think I was trying to hide something if he figures it out on his own...

but then again, I am 5 months free, so maybe it's not really an issue? [but I know that it really is, because I still get urges...]

& I'd love to talk with him about his perspective on what the Bible says about it...

but he's like 6'4"... 10 inches taller than me, so that could be intimidating... but my friend has met him and assures me he's wonderful...

So, any opinions, should I tell him?

August 2, 2007

Old 07-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #338
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

I'm sure he will be lovely, he sounds it.

And on the whole issue of whether to tell him or not. I know this isn't the most helpful thing ever to say but you will know when it is time to tell him. It will feel right and God will guide you. Sorry that really isn't at all helpful but you will know after you have met him and you will know whether to or not.

Like at the Church I go to now, the pastor there Albert, I have known for a while now that I was going to tell him about my SH and everything and up until now it hasn't been the right time but on Sunday I am going to tell him :) I'm nervous but please that I am going to be getting it out in the open with him.

*hugs you* I'm sure it will all be fine, and he sounds really really nice.

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Old 08-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #339
somuchpain88

I am currently:

Thanks for your prayers everyone. The urges are gone for now.

"Unless you have lived my life hush, because the scars on the outside aren't as many as the scars on the inside."

somuchpain88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #340
Absi
Miss Abaretti

I am currently:

^ ^ ^ I'm so pleased for you, well done : D

*big hugs*

Eleanor Roosevelt (1996)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)