RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
Pink_and_Sparkly

I am currently:
Hair falling out?

Probably quite obvious from the title (!) but I've noticed my hair is falling out quite a bit... I know we lose a lot of hair daily anyway, but recently when I brush my hair or run my fingers through my hair more and more comes away. Its not falling out in huge great clumps, but whereas perhaps it would be just a couple of strands, now it's quite a bit more each time.

Im under a lot of stress at the moment, and I have huge problems with food, so im guessing both of those are the reasons I might be losing more hair, but what can I do to stop it or to minimise it?
Im trying not to brush my hair as much, but other than that am at a bit of a loss as how to stop it.

'You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice'

https://pinkfairywings.wordpress.com/

One Hug Given By:
Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS

I am currently:

Do you have an eating disorder ? because some times hair can fall out because of that.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Lluviazul
m-t

I am currently:

do you take vitamins? if not, you should. iron, biotin and zinc help with hair growth, so start taking a multivitamin supplement. ive also heard gelatin helps, so eat that too if you like it! :)

Old 01-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Stress can be a cause of hair loss, so as you said, you are stressed, that is the most likely cause.

I am not sure what you can do to minimise it though, I lose tons of hair, but I have such thick hair it doesnt make a difference.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Gentlementalmen

I am currently:

Is it falling out in a patch or patches?
You could have a disorder called Alopecia Areata. It's an immune disorder usually brought on by stress where the immune system attacks your hair follicles in patches, usually on the head. If it's a mild case injecting steroids into the bald patches can help it regrow, but other than that it's untreatable. Most cases are only one patch and grow back quickly enough.
I got it last December and unfortunately I've got a relatively severe case of it - more than 70% of my hair fell out before I cut it off. I wear wigs now which can be a lot of fun (although sometimes uncomfortable).

Is a lot falling out? Hair loss can be seriously devastating, especially when it's a lot of hair you're losing. If it's upsetting you, don't hesitate to give me a pm :)

Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

I have no answer for you except to say that I am losing my hair too and i know how distressing and embarrasing it may be. Mine is because of my anorexia. The best suggestion I have for you is to take multivitimans for a while to see if they help.

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Animad

Really, as said, I think the most likely answer is that it is due to you not eating as much (which means your body may not have enough protein and also vits/mins to go into hair growth) and also stress can cause hair to fall out though often in patches. Immune mediated diseases as mentioned above can also cause it but they are less common.

Just taking a multi-vit, mineral tablets and Iron as suggested by others really won't do much to help. A lack of protein is a big thing and that is something that you need in your diet and you can't get a proper source of this through tablets/ supplements (protein shakes are really designed for specific things) and really these are not substitutes for a healthy diet so you really need to try and eat more if possible, even if it's smaller meals but more frequently and try to have time to relax and try not be too busy as well as talking through any problems you may have in case it is stress. I would also say it would be worth going to your doctor so they can take a look and check there's nothing else that is causing this and also see what help they can give you.

Brushing less won't help. Your hair naturally falls out all the time. Brushing it does not pull it out (or at least shouldn't do, if it does it's not being held in strong enough or you are being way, way too harsh which is unlikely as it would be VERY painful), it just simply picks up the loose hairs as it glides through them and thus removing them so I don't suggest you change you previous habit with regards to that.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 AM   #8
abacuslee46
This Member is currently Banned

If you are noticing your hair fall problem become excessive then take a right treatment like home remedies and eating right diet which provide you proper protein.

Old 09-07-2015, 12:58 AM   #9
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Zombie thread. Already been answered.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)