RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
1candlelight chaos1

I am currently:
oh those peskey nightmares.

well, my boyfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago, and as of late i keep having dreams about him, and was curious if any one knew if that meant anything. (going out on a long shot here.)

(when i broke up w/ my 1st real boyfriend i had the same problem).

i just wanna enjoy my sleep.

1candlelight chaos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
drift_away

It probably just means he's on your mind a lot, which is to be expected after a breakup. I doubt there's any kind of "hidden message" in there or anything.

I, too, have had a breakup recently, and I've been having some really unpleasant dreams which have left me pretty shaken. Out of interest, how long did it take for the dreams to stop after your first boyfriend?

I'm sorry you're having to go through this; I know how horrible it can be, people can say "it's just a dream dear" as much as they like, but it can be very emotionally draining.

Btw I find that my dreams in general are a lot more vivid (which I used to actually enjoy, ha!) if I consume any kind of 'substance' within the few hours before bed: nicotine, caffeine, sugar and alcohol all make a noticable difference (although with alcohol it is slightly harder to remember them in the morning..) Maybe try the same thing insomniacs are advised to do, and only eat whole and natural foods before bed? Even chocolate cake has my mind working overtime thinking about things I'd rather leave undisturbed.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon.

drift_away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

i split up with my boyfriend like, nine months ago.
&sometimes i still have dreams about him. or that, he's in them.

it's no big deal. i mean, it's kindof annoying when you wake up.. but i wouldn't put it down to anything apart from that he's on your mind.

take what you love
burn it down.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
rose07

I am currently:

I think when we are close to someone, and that someone goes from us, we cant help think about them, if he has been a part of your life for a while, then its like part of your life goes when he goes. I think the fact you dream about him, is nothing to worry about, but a natural way of thinking about someone. I know i still think about my first love and that was a while ago now

hope this helps

rose07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

i think when you spend a lot of time with someone and they go out of your life youre bound to have them in your head,so dreaming of them isnt so unusual

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
Kangaroo
No, I'm Not An Aussie

I am currently:

im sure they will pass. just give it time.

Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #7
1candlelight chaos1

I am currently:

with my first one, they lasted for like... almost a year i think and almost everyday, but he was my first everyhing. so yea...

i just dont want to go through a long process which i have to see him every night. >.<

1candlelight chaos1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)