RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Alyssa!
Fabulous.

I am currently:
Roommate Advice

So, I'm having a rommate problem. Let me set the stage for you, when I moved in here, I wasn't working or going to school. I was looking for work and keeping the house tidy to earn my keep. Now, I am working 40+ hours a week and going to school 20-something hours a week. My roommate works 40 hour weeks and has all sorts of time on her hands. We each have two days off a week. Mine are Sat and Sun and hers are Fri and Sat. Now that I'm working and going to school, I don't have time to do all the chores around the house. However, she still expects me to scrub the house on my weekend (where I'm doing homework and trying to catch up on everything) while she goes out and screws around. I don't think this situation is fair, but I don't know what to do about it as she has been threatening to kick me out. That has gotten to the point where I've heard her on the phone with a friend of hers and she said "I can't wait to kick her sorry ass out of here" I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Alyssa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

I agree with finding a new place to stay.

It sound as though no matter what you do she's still going to be threatening to kick you out, and I doubt she'd do it in a nice way.

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

u need to talk to her first. she obviously thinks that she doesnt nee to input anymore into the chores and that you do.
no matter who is in the right or wrong here though it needs sorted.
havve u thought about a chore chart?
write down a list of jobs that have to be done each day and work out some sort of system?
xx

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Raven

I am currently:

definately get your butt out of the flat before she kicks you out. its nothing to do with you, its her ****, but you dont need the aggro. dont tell her you are moving out, just do it.

"When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you" - Dr Samuel Loomis

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
OneLonelyTree

I am currently:

Well...First off you said the arrangement was that you weren't paying rent because you were cleaning. Are you now paying rent? If not than that may be the problem. But if you are then you should to (kindly) explain to her that you are contributing and if she doesn't like that then she needs to explain to you what she thinks you should be doing. If she feels your should be paying rent and doing ALL the cleaning then maybe it is time to find a new place. She obviously doesn't realize that when situations change so do other situations. Hopefully you all can work something out cause moving can be a hassle lol.

Izzy

I need you to know...I'm not through the night
Some days I'm still fighting to walk towards the Light.

OneLonelyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
Alyssa!
Fabulous.

I am currently:

Yeah Izzy, I'm paying rent and doing at least 89% of all the chores around here. Occasionaly she'll get a wild hair about her and do some dishes. It's nuts. I've finally got plans to move in the next couple months because she has just gotten to be too much for me.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
Kangaroo
No, I'm Not An Aussie

I am currently:

I hope you manage to find somewhere else as soon as possible. I agree with the idea of a chore chart though in the meantime.

KANGAROO

I HAVE FAMILY - Blondiebear is my sister

Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #8
geminisoul8

I am currently:

I'm the same boat as you, Alyssa. When I moved into my apartment, I was unemployed but looking for work. During the few weeks I didn't have a job, I took over a good deal of the housework just because I needed something to do while I was waiting to hear about interviews and such.

My roommate never helps with the chores, except for an occasional washing of the dishes... and I mean just washing, she will not dry them. Most of the time I'm left cleaning up after myself, her, and her various friends that have practically rooted themselves here.

Right now, I'm trying to let get out of my lease early and move into my own place. I would suggest you do the same. In fact, we would kinda being doing it together in a way. :)

geminisoul8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #9
Alyssa!
Fabulous.

I am currently:

That's such a nice way to think of it. Now i don't feel so weird in all of this. Sometimes...roommates can suck.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #10
geminisoul8

I am currently:

I know what you mean... I have a lot of friends who have roommates and none of them are having problems like I am having. So when you try to talk to them about what's going on, they really don't understand what it's like.

geminisoul8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)