RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
SapphireQueen

Need help overcoming being painfully shy?

After being bullied (just to save everyone time going to sum this up) the entire human race with the exception of my closest friends to the point that I've officially become so shut off from people that I'm gotten majorly overly shy now. If I try to talk to people I'll stutter to the point where they can't understand me or talk really quietly to the point where they can't hear me which to make it worse if I get nervous or anxious at any time I'll start blushing a bright pink that'll render me incapable of speech entirely so how can I overcome this?

SapphireQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 08-02-2017, 03:13 PM   #2
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Hi Bulldog,

Sorry that you haven't had a reply to this sooner. Shyness is such a tricky thing to overcome because it is occurs with people for all different reasons. Have you thought about doing a drama class or something similar where you can work on projecting speech and building confidence? Have you ever had any counselling or therapy to talk through your bullying and getting to the route of some of your shyness. You say you have a few very close friends, are you able to ask them for any advice on how you can get some confidence to talk to new people and form new friendships?

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)