What to / not to post in the Serious Discussion board.
Welcome to the Serious Discussion
board. This board is a bit different to others here at RYL, and is home for all of the threads that do not belong in any other Support and Advice Forums
, and are generally regarding self harm and suicidal feelings, or other triggering subjects.
It's a great place to come and get support for the things you are going through, as many members come here to give advice, too. There's always someone about to lend a caring ear and some helpful advice.
As always, be sure to take a look at the stickied threads at the top of this forum as you might find something useful to help you while posting here. However, please be warned, this board can be very triggering at times.
If you're ever concerned that a post breaches RYL's Terms and Conditions
, or have any questions regarding anything related to the Serious Discussion board, then please do not hesitate to contact a member of the moderating team (see Staff Listings
Members must be especially careful to abide by the Terms and Conditions
of posting while in Serious Discussion, please make sure you are familiar with them and if you don't understand them, get in touch with a moderator who will help you out :)
What to post in the Serious Discussion board:
What not to post in the Serious Discussion board:
- Serious topics such as feeling suicidal, topics regarding suicide, or graphic self-injury - but remember to include the appropriate trigger / graphic warnings
- Any posts wanting advice and suggestions relating to serious, support-orientated issues - these do not have to centre around any particular topic, or area, of self-harm, however.
- Suicide / goodbye threads, as these are not permitted on RYL (see Terms and Conditions for more information).
- More topic-specific support-related posts are welcome, but may receive better, more detailed and helpful responses in other, more specialised Support and Advice Forums, such as the Abuse and Bullying Support board and the Eating Disorders board. Posts will occasionally be moved from this board to more specific ones to ensure you get the replies you are looking for.
- Nothing that goes against the Terms and Conditions of posting, specifically please avoid any triggering or tipsharing information, which includes mentioning tools or amounts of overdoses/chemicals.
- Poetry and other creative works or descriptions that require creative / critical responses or praise. The Creative Corner is a much more suited area of RYL for these types of posts.
Thank you and be safe.