Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 05-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
one_step_closer
Shadow of the day

I am currently:
Loss of a twin

I'm not really expecting any replies to this because it's quite specific. I was wondering if anyone has lost their twin sibling? My twin died when she was born and although I don't have any conscious memory of being with her I still feel like I have lost something huge. I have been brought up to involve my twin in daily life, my Mum and myself used to talk about her and I was encouraged to talk to my twin at the end of the day. I still talk to her because I want to believe that she is with me in some way and that she helps me through life. I don't think I want to let go of this but I don't know how to soothe some of the feelings I have. It's like a part of me is missing. I'm going to join the lone twin network so i'll be able to connect with people who have also lost a twin.

Free me from this world, I don't belong here it was a mistake imprisoning my soul, won't you free me, free me from this world.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

Hi Linds, I'm sorry you have to experience such a large loss. I've already expressed this elsewhere but you have every right to be feeling this pain and I hope the Lone Twin Network does help you to find someone who you can relate to about this. There's a few people here I can think of too so hopefully they'll see this.

Thinking of you x

Snow White. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Just Believe.
It's Hard to Fight When The Fight Ain't Fair.

I am currently:

I can relate to this so much. I had a twin but she died 4 days after we were born. Whenever I have mentioned to people that I feel a massive loss having lost her I get told that I can't possibly miss her because I never knew her. I feel 100% the same as you do - that a part of you is missing.

I was never encouraged to talk about her though, infact my parents and I have never really talked about her. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for this. But you're not alone...I could have written most of your post!

xx

Forever & Always

Just Believe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
High School Scars
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

I don't but my best friend's twin died a week after they were born. I'm not sure if she was ever encouraged to talk about him, but she does talk about him now and how his death affected her mother.

High School Scars is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)