Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 26-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
bitomato

I am currently:
Contains ED - Overeating *recovery

I am kind of on day 2 of my recovery, but I have been focusing on the addiction side of my battle and taking it moment by moment. Things aren't easy and I have been kind of slapped in the face by how unwell I am......but the whole point is to acknowledge the extent of my problem. The goal is to learn a new habit you have to do something everyday for a month. So like I said Day 2.

I want to excuse myself but I can't. I have to take responsibility.

Trying to partner with a friend in overcoming their addiction too.

Has anyone else had success overcoming compulsive eating?

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

Hey :)

I'm struggling with the same thing now. I recovered for a while but recently relapsed. I'm wondering what you're doing to help yourself through this process? I'm sure many of us want to hear how you go along your journey - wishing you all the best! Congrats on a job well done so far :)

I belive in you.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
bitomato

I am currently:

Hi Snow white. Well the inspiration for my recovery is that I met a young person that managed to reverse the course of their Type 2 diabetes. I recently read up on the risk of health diseases impacting the heart and developing diabetes 2 for persons with mental health issues. I also hate when the comparison is made: persons with diabetes have to take medication and taking medication for mental health should not be seen as any different. I am ashamed of the first and fight each day to be compliant with the latter.

I felt out of control of my life, and I take ALOT of meds everyday because of both conditions. Sometimes I don't know which condition is making me feel the way I do. And it is harder to control my eating when I am making food choices based on my emotions.

Goal 1. Food diary was to write down what I eat everyday for a week. A nutritionist gave me that goal 3 years ago. I never managed to do it.
Along with test my blood sugar every 2 hours for a week to get a base line of whether the medication is working....................the goal seemed simple enough.

But accepting the addiction part of my struggle helps me realise that there are other things that I have to deal with. I have to acknowledge that I have a problem and that I am afraid of being hungry. I have access to more literature now and my goals are more realistic. Having friends and health professionals as support and persons to hold you accountable.
Also being your own cheerleader over the little victories: Like the food diary- Day 3. Yeah!!

Old 26-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

Wow that's so inspiring and encouraging. I may have to take a leaf out of your book, that seems like s great goal. Thank you so much for sharing, keep us updated :) well done!

I belive in you.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
bitomato

I am currently:

Tonight is a bit of a challenge. I didn't want to be alone. I have to allow myself to accept the anxiety I am feeling right now because I am not eating to distract myself from what I am feeling. My thoughts are not really making a whole lot of sense, and all I seem to be thinking about is.............

I realised that I do that- I don't like being alone so I either put myself in risque positions or eat. But I had to tell myself I am stronger than that and I had to try to deal with what I am feeling.

One more day to go and I would have completed one week of the food diary. Three years in the writing!! Once I can get to sleep without confusing matters. I feel soooooo pressured!!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)