View Single Post
Old 29-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Ancalagon

The Christian SIers thread

This one grew pretty large on the old forum, so I'm starting it up again over here. There's quite a few Christian SIers on here, or those who have been able to stop, myself included.

As a mini-profile of myself, I was saved when I was 6 and have been a Christian ever since. I really got serious about my faith when I was 17. I started cutting when I was 19 but stopped when I was around 22, and haven't in about 2 years. I didn't do anything specific to stop; the closer I got to God and others around me, the less I needed it.

To me, having a strong and continually growing relationship with God, is more important than stopping a bad habit. The way I see it, if I get that relationship in place, I won't need to cut. And that's been consistent over the past year or so, when my walk is at a strong place, I never want to cut. (outside of random, off the wall, out of nowhere urges occasionally -- curiosity/boredom urges, not coping urges)

Soooo welcome everyone, make yourselves at home. Feel free to discuss, ask questions, share prayer requests, etc.

Edit 12/18/08: Wow, this thing sure has grown since I created it. I'm happy to see so many people participating, I haven't been on the site in quite some time. If you ever want to contact me, I get a notification in my email Inbox which I check every few days, and I'd be glad to hear feedback or anything else you want to say. And of course feel free to keep the thread going here!

~
Psalm 103:1-5

Everyone is welcome here, even if you've never posted here before, there's no such thing as intruding in this thread!

Last edited by random.swirls : 06-05-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Removing Easter egg!!
Ancalagon is offline   Reply With Quote
51 Hugs Given By :