View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #100
Argonite

I am currently:

Some of these are awful...so many people just don't understand and therefore don't really think about what they say. I've been pretty lucky myself with people saying innapropriate things, as really nobody's said anything so bad. I'll try and think of a few.

What are you, insane?

That was my mother.

Why do you do it? I thought you'd stopped and we'd sorted this out.

Is this a cry for attention?

I don't know if I can deal with you anymore. If you keep self-harming I might have to stop talking to you. In those words, more or less.

You need to stop. Write "self-harm" on a piece of paper and rip it up.

Overall people have been pretty understanding, and not many people know at all. The comment about being insane was thankfully the worst I had, and that was coming from somebody who self-harmed herself once. Mostly the things which have been said to me were fairly good-natured but just showed that they didn't really understand. I don't really have much of a problem with that, as you can't really expect everybody to understand it, as long as they're not horrible about it. A friend who knows seemed to be convinced, though, that ripping up a piece of paper was saying goodbye to self-harm for once and all.

Argonite is offline   Reply With Quote