View Single Post
Old 21-01-2020, 06:51 PM   #1
DepartedHeart
Recovery is a Journey, not a Destination.

I am currently:
Partner resistant to couples therapy

Hi All.
I was hoping that someone had some advice for me. Its a long story so I hope you don't mind a bit of reading! The following is a TRIGGER WARNING regarding Mental Health, Self-Injury obviously, and Domestic Violence/Verbal Abuse.

My boyfriend and I of 4 years have been struggling recently after the birth of our first daughter. I got myself back into treatment and back on meds for my Mental health issues. We've always fought on and off together through the years and at times it has gotten so bad that it has driven me back into self-injury two times. These fights drive me into Panic Attacks and the last time was what brought me back here. Last night the urges to self injure were so strong, but instead I came here and made a new profile after over 8 years. He gets angry and verbally aggressive during arguments. I think he has some untreated Mental health condition but he refuses to see a professional for himself and for our relationship. Things get heated when I bring it up....but I keep doing it, because I value the family we have created. He really does care for me when hes not suffering himself, but the combo of both of us on a bad day is asking for a crisis.

DepartedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Hugs Given By :