View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
MrsNutkin

I am currently:
Criteria for disability

I'm really frustrated because I have a disability which means I have almost no dexterity in right hand. I cannot for example, hold a cup with my right hand. I cannot pour water from a kettle with my right hand, I cannot pick up a coin with my right hand.

In other words I have full use of only one hand.

When looking at benefit descriptors, the latest being working tax credits as I am looking at going back to work it says use of either hand. That to me reads as if you have use of one hand then you don't qualify. Funny that as I would consider myself disabled. I get lower rate care component of DLA.

I just can't understand it. You are either disabled or you are not. I don't think I'm fully able bodied as I can't use both my hands properly.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/tc956.pdf

Reading the descriptors in table 1 on page 2 what do you think? I can't pick up a pen with my right hand or type with my right hand or pick up a coin with my right hand.

It continues to baffle me that when it suits the government I'm considered disabled but when it comes to getting support I'm considered fine.

The CAB local to me has shut

MrsNutkin is offline   Reply With Quote