Thread: Bereavement.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 01:24 PM   #8
Wonderland.

I think like J says just try and be natural. Many people with a big illness like Cancer will already feel like they are a burden on people so won't want people treading on egg shells. Just be honest if you do think your friend looks a bit brighter, you can always back it up with asking them if they feel it. I know through going through caring for people myself that looks can be deceiving sometimes and certainly with my dad he looked ill to us that knew him but to anyone that didn't they wouldn't have had a clue. He looked far from death which is how we knew it would turn out. We were all quite surprised at times how well he did look for someone so unwell.

Another thing that I didn't add in but it reminded me when you mention him wanting to do stuff and you guys coming to a compromise. Is that it's so important for many people to keep independence. Lots of friends family, think they are being helpful by taking over doing lots round the house and such. But that can be really important to someone unwell feeling they are still capable of doing things. Obviously you have to weigh up the risks, and some people will need to give in to some assistance, but be aware this can be very challenging for some.

I am glad you are doing okay so far. I can totally relate to it being draining, if you need to offload anywhere we are here. And there are people in the real world who can help out. Just keep an eye on your own levels of tiredness so you don't burn yourself out.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote