View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:
No period / lactating (not pregnant)

Hiya

Argh, I dont know where to put this - first aid, EDs, here, nowhere, MH Discussion

Anyhoo, I had a 'period' in September - kind of a long one (a week), but yeah.

Now, Around this time i started lactating (producing milk when theres just no need). It got blamed on my meds - but it wasnt as i dont take them, I just didnt want the dr to think I was non-complient. So had a prolactin test which was high and the lactation stopped after a few days.

Ive not had a period since. I have had two pregnancy tests and (one which was carried out with the dr - who confirmed I am not pregnant), therefore this no periods thing got blamed on 'stress'.

However, I have lost a fair amount of weight and now I border in the underweight category - usually between 'the Anorexic BMI' (i cannot think of a better way to put this) - to the start of 'the healthy BMI.'

I dont think its this because I'm not really underweight and I still have a large amount of fat.

I havent took my medication for 2-3 weeks approx. (I started again in Feb then stopped).And about 3 days ago, well I started lactating again.

What should I do? I see the poison man (he's the 'doctor' who prescribed me antipsychotics and that) on monday, do I mention it to him, even if its not my meds?

Do I see the gp again in a few weeks if its not gone? I mean can stress alone cause someone to lactate and miss their periods?

And its obviously not related to eating habits / weight. Im still rather large.

thanks for any advice. hope this makes sense :) x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote