View Single Post
Old 24-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #9
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Definitely ring student finance to find out if you'd carry on getting funding if you wanted to carry on studying to turn the foundation degree into a full degree. But from conversations I've had with them they said before they fund 4 years full time at a brick uni (possibly more because some degrees are longer, like medicine) and it doesn't matter about part time study (like the OU) as it's a different kind of funding (which is how I've done 3 years full time then switched to part time OU and have been studying 3 years so far with them and got 3 years to go)

Can you ring the university admissions people to find out if you did the foundation course, could you go on to do the final year(s) on the nursing course and graduate as a nurse? Because if the answer is yes then I think it would be a good option. But you'd need to clarify about the DBS situation first.

If they say no you can't go on to do nursing, then you need to consider if you want to go to university now but not really the course you want, or if you want to wait a few years until you can apply for nursing again.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote