View Single Post
Old 18-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #101
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbelina View Post
I don't think it is completely foolproof and I do agree with some restrictions, moving forward I think restrictions based on participation in increase risk behaviours rather than a blanket ban on a group of society - for example number of sexual partners in a time frame or unprotective sex. How that would work in practice with regards to people's honesty is another matter. I just think it is a bit daft that a straight man/woman that has unprotective sex with as many partners as they like can donate whereas a man in a long term committed relationship with a single partner cannot. A balance needs to be found somewhere I just don't feel that the current criteria has it quite right, but that is just my opinion
Yeah, I agree with you, and I didn't know that heterosexual people were allowed to donate blood if they've had ALL the unprotected sex- that is quite illogical!

I'm not saying that the current criteria are right, just that labels such as 'disgusting' don't need to be attached to regulations that are in place for patient safety.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote