View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
~invisible~girl~

I saw a heck of a lot of -ology words on that list... I assure you there are a whole lot of jobs outside of academia too. More, in fact, than within academia, which is were most of what you listed would be found.

You don't have to know what you want to do with your life at 17. If you did know, and did't change your mind, I'd be worried. You have plenty of time to figure it out. Just do what everyone else does - go to college/university, take classes you like, find a job you like (or at least one that pays the bills), stick with it for a while until you find a job you like more, and just keep going with that and see where you end up. There are of course exceptions, but most of the time, people who spend their early adulthood working devotedly towards some career goal usually don't end up as happy as people who just do things the love rather than focus on getting to what they thought they'd love without having tried it.

Emily

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

~invisible~girl~ is offline   Reply With Quote