View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
frenchhorn
Oliver

Hi Matt

I'm a female to male transsexual and started out feeling like you, a guy trapped in a female body. It certainly is a big decision, but you don't have to rush into anything, you can talk to your doctor or a counsellor and talk things through, even when beginning the process, you dont have to rush into having hormones or surgery, if that is what you want. Many trans people only change their name and dress in the gender they identify as, while many have hormones and surgery and many just hormones or just surgery, its completely up to you, there is no set things you have to do, everyone is different.

Like angel of music said, queer youth network is a great place, I'm on there, same username. Also try going to a trans group, I see your in London, there is a group called gendered intelligence, www.genderedintelligence.co.uk I dont know where abouts in London, but I found that going to a trans group was one of the best things I ever did, it was a place I could fit in and could be who I wanted to be. Also maybe try finding a local LGBT youth group.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about anything, I know its scary going through this all.

Take care
Oliver

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or studpidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence." Christopher Hitchens

'When words fail, music speaks'

I am transsexual and homoromantic and proud to be.

frenchhorn is offline   Reply With Quote