Old 02-12-2014, 06:56 AM   #19
NitaGetFree
Need to start believing and breathing!

I am currently:
For a mom that is more prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogirl66 View Post
Thankyou Auror...
I hadn't thought of her cutting too deeply... I'll have that conversation with her after I've made an appointment with her to do so... Advice given previously suggested I do this and I've been loathe to do it for fear of what I might hear but I know it's the best way... Less pressure... Keep it light... Be facial and let hey know how much I love her... They're my major aims right now... Thanks to all your help... Otherwise I would have been forceful and upset and angry and blaming myself which wouldn't have helped my baby in any way shape or form... I really can't thank you enough!
Hi, for one thing I will repeat what others have said. You sound like a great mom and I'm so happy you are willing to listen to advice. All the advice here has been the best and will really help in your own crisis tool box.
But I will also say this to prepare you. This is going to be in no way an easy road. Not for you and not for your child. My mom found out I was self-harming around the same age. She was ill prepared and ill informed. This should never be thought of as a teenage phase even though she may be able to "grow out of it" with proper help. There also may be times when it seems there are no right things to say, do or choose. It will be then that you will need to take a breath and remember all the information you have and then choose what you believe to be best and remind yourself that is all you can do. I only say this because it sounds like you just want to make the right steps and do the right things because you love and care about your family. I believe that is great and will help a lot. I know from being the child there were times where nothing anyone did was the right choice and it was confusing and scary and made my mind swirl. I believe though you have a better chance at knowing what to do above my mom. My mom was told from my therapist that this was only a bad teenage thing and I would be fine in time. So my mom had very little clue that she need to watch out for anything. I will pray for you and your child that both of you will have the strength and love to get through and smile on the other side.

NitaGetFree is offline   Reply With Quote