View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #1
yorkshirelass

Recovery feels lonely

Hi All, newbie here!

I've decided I would like to recover from my eating issues and have taken a few positive steps towards that - I see a counselor once a week. I have also opened up to 2 friends.

My friends unfortunately didn't respond very well - while I believe they had the right intentions, I think they were trying to "fix me". They started setting targets such as "only purge 4x this week". I found the entire situation really stressful and so ended up opening up regarding this yesterday. It made me feel really out of control and led me to start SI after years of not doing this. Thankfully after speaking to them yesterday, I think they now understand that recovery has to be on my terms - they can't fix me.

But now... I feel like I don't really have anyone to speak to about this. I don't trust my friends anymore and they don't understand so I don't feel like I can be fully honest. I don't know anyone in real life whose gone through these issues, and while I actually really like my counselor - I can't afford to see her more then once a week.

So I thought I'd join the forum to see if I could get some online support. Recovery feels so lonely. I can't be the only one who thinks this right?

yorkshirelass is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Hugs Given By :