View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Animad

I have now locked this thread.

This is because we have decided that original question and detail gone into isn't appropriate for this site and we are not here for general medical advice or advice which goes against that of your doctors which you have previously seen which you appear to be asking. An awful lot of problems can cause itchiness in that area and lumps. Without being seen we cannot say.

Because of this you are best off going and talk to your doctor regarding this and take there advice whatever it is. It is MUCH more likely to be a problem totally unrelated to the tick.

Also, as you have perviously sought information from a doctor because of this it breaks the rules of the first aid forum under the following rule;
Quote:
6. Advising someone to go against or disregard the instructions of a Doctor is prohibited. Because of this we cannot give advice for a condition diagnosed, or undiagnosed for which you are already under the supervision of a medical professional. Because we don't know what your doctor has told you, we have no way of knowing if the advice we give is what your Doctor would want you to do. If you have sought treatment for a condition and are continuing to have problem you need to speak with the doctor or medical professional that is treating you. The RYL First Aid Advisors are not here to replace the care of a doctor, and because of this we can not ethically and legally issue advice once you have sought treatment from a higher level of care. The exception to this rule are questions about wound care, and questions about symptoms you aren't sure about.

Example: "I went to my doctor because of xxx problem, but he didn't do anything about it, what should I do?"
or "My doctor told me I have xxx problem, and told me to do xxx, but it's not helping, can you think of anything else to make me better?"

Example of what IS allowed: "I have an ED which I see a doctor for. Recently I've been getting xxx, could this be related?" or "I saw the doctor about this wound, and they told me xxx, but now I have xxx, should I go back to the doctor or not?"
If you have any further questions regardingf this closure feel free to PM me about them.

KimA