View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #10
Animad

He probably needed to look at it to make sure. Often it's not the time that a wounds been open but more how it looks that means whether you can have stitches or nor. Another thing that 'may' help to keep strips in place is to cover the wound with something plastic whilst you do this but spray an invisible plaster thing over it. This will hopefully stick them down well. I say cover the wound up as it isn't a wound that this would help and it would really hinder and slow down its recovery and therefore I'd make sure you cover the wound with something waterproof, spray it on so it covers the edges of the strips and then take the plastic or whatever off the wound but make sure none of it goes into the wound before the spray dries (which is quite quick), it's just even with small wounds they can slow down healing. It's not absolutely devastating if you get some in. I know it is sometimes used routinely once a wound is closed to apply that and they've all healed fine but it wouldn't be great in your case as it's unlikely you'll get the edges totally touching.