View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
Strawberry Xs

I am currently:

Thanks for the replies, it's nice to hear other people have been in similar situations.

I did try out for the netball and basketball teams when I first started but most of the other people there took it too seriously and looked at me as if to say "wtf are you doing here" so that kind of knocked my ideas about joining sports clubs on the head really! I did used to go to the gym regularly at home but for didn't join straight away here and it's now going to work out too expensive to join cos I've only really got about 7 weeks left with a 2 week break in between, but I am going to start trying to go for jogs. This time last year I could run 5K quite easily so hopefully if I can get into the swing of that it might help me concentrate better when I attempt my work.

I will see if I can get a couple of people to come out somewhere different, people just seem to only want to go clubbing whereas I'm more of a pub and a game of pool kind of person which is a dying cause it would seem!

I only speak to my bf on skype though he did come down to visit this weekend which actually was quite nice and took my mind off all the work for a couple of days. I just need to keep plugging away at it and get the pass grade I need, then hopefully if I get into my local uni in sept then I'll be happier. If I end up having to stay here then I will def look for a room in a house, my flatmates are postgrad but international and I don't have much in common with them, they have formed their own little 'click' and I'm not part of it.

It's just nice to get things off my chest, I don't really have anyone to talk to as such, though my friends know I'm not very happy I just keep it to a more "it's not great but I'm fine" kind of thing.

Strawberry Xs

Strawberry Xs is offline   Reply With Quote