View Single Post
Old 14-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #42
Doesnt_matter
Judith

There is another thing that helps me to avoid SI but it is a way that could not be a solution for many people but perhaps there is at least one person who could try my new way for staying "sober".

During the last weeks, I have to go to my GP quite regularly because of typist´s cramp in both arms (well, that sucks) and because of acupuncture because of this problem and my depression. It helps me to know that I will have to go to my GP in some days again, so she would see if I cut myself again and I am afraid of the consequences AND I don´t want to disappoint them.

Perhaps there are some people who can find reason for visiting your GP regularly or perhaps you could make a deal with your therapist that she/ he will check your arms every time you see her/ him.

And still singing, creaming your arms, cuddle a stuffed animal, watching funny online videos, listening and watching to things from your childhood, doing online games,...

Take care,
Judith

I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)

Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote