View Single Post
Old 17-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #7
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

So pleased that your appointment was good, I hope that the increased anti-depressant dose and appointment with the CMHT helps.

Well that's charming of your partner I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk to him about it if that's his response!

In terms of loosing your grip on the self harm, could you try a delaying technique as a first step of getting it under control? When you get an urge you say "fine, if I still want to do it in 5 minutes I can do it", then set a timer and do something soothing or distracting for those five minutes. Even if you still feel like you want to self harm and don't fancy trying for another five minutes then at least you have delayed it and that can help to feel like you are controlling it, rather than it controlling you. You can then start increasing the timer as you get better and better.

You said that you don't care- can you think of any reasons not to self harm? At this stage it's OK to list things that the wisest parts of you can come up with, even if realistically you don't really care that much about the reason right now.

I hope my ramblings make sense!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote