Thread: Depot Injection
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #6
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

They give you a test dose when you first start. If you are going to get sick you will react to the lower dose.

I can only speak for clopixol depot as I haven't been on any other depot but it only comes in 2 dose sizes: 200 mg and 500mg. If they decide on for example you require 300 mg the maximum they could give you is 500mg since there's no way of giving more. Clopixol's maximum dose is 700mg so there's no way they can OD you on it since they would have to bring a 500 mg and 200mg. In addition other depot have maximum bottle sizes so even if they gave you more than whatever dose you are on there's a limit to how much they can give you which will never exceed the maximum amount they can prescribe.

In addition to what I said there's a drug sheet which everyone on a depot has. It has your name on it and your dose so even if a different nurse gives you a depot they know how much to give you. They have to fill it in each time a depot is given. If a nurse did accidentally OD they would lose their job. It's extremely rare an OD occurs with a depot unlike tablets.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote