Thread: I relapsed
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
castaway

I am currently:

First of all, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I don't know your situation exactly, but from your last post, it sounds like you're dealing with a lot of hurt at the moment. Relapsing on top of everything else can make things seem even worse, another thing to deal with on top of it all. From my experience, when I've relapsed after a long time clean, especially in a difficult time, it can be easy to feel like everything has been lost. But in reality, you're never really back to square one. You have had 2 years clean, and all of those coping skills and all the things you've learnt in those 2 years don't just disappear. You may find that once you've had a bit of time to process things you'll get back on track to recovery quicker than you think. I'd suggest trying not to be too hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know), and trying to pool any support you may have from friends, family, counselors (posting on here is already a great start!) If you feel like talking about stuff, feel free to message me. Hope you're feeling better soon.

castaway is offline   Reply With Quote