View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Sans Peur

lacking confidence- important interview coming up

i dont normally post on the forums anymore and i doubt that any of you will remember me but i thought i would give this a shot.

On thursday i have an interview for Early Years PGCE in london.This has been my 3rd year of applying to get onto a pgce course and this is the first interview i have had.

In the past year i have applied for 2 salaried jobs at my current work place and i didnt get those jobs.If i cant get a job with people that know me and how good i am with kids, how do i have any hope of getting onto a course when they dont know me. I had some very negative comments regarding those interviews which have knocked my confidence to 0 especially as things with my work seemed to have gone down hill mostly from my boss in the early years setting that i work in is very negative towards me and my position there.

This interview means so much to me, if i get onto the course then maybe things will finally start to work out for me in regards to my career.ive bought books and i have been revising for the maths and english tests which i have to pass to get through to the next stage of interview.i have been given very little info other than the 2 tests and a group interview.I think the unknown is what is scary about the group interview. Confidence is so important but i dont have any anymore.

I dont know what i expect from this thread, maybe something to do before the interview to give myself self confidence, or maybe some advice from any people in the education field.I just hope i find something because the fear of the whole thing is horrific.

thanks in advance for replies

jane x

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :