View Single Post
Old 15-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
Eska

I am currently:

Thanks np.

Yeah, I often have the feeling that I'm making it up and turning it into a problem and being dramatic. I guess I'm just feeling a bit mixed up at the moment because having a mental health professional react like that makes me kind of have to stop and reassess and things I've brushed off come back into focus. That and it's confusing because it's different to the way I was treated in the old area - back there I was told I wouldn't qualify for DBT and then discharged from services. I think that's a big part of what makes me think I must have exaggerated this time.

It's kind of daunting to have the impression that someone thinks that hey, yes, if I put work in then there is more hope for me, scope for future bad times to be less bad. Daunting and overwhelming and I don't know what I did for someone to think positively of me like that - not just in a "hey you are capable of stuff, why aren't you achieving more?" way but in a way that takes into account the difficult times and still says yes, I think there are realistic ways things could be better. I was so prepared to have that one appointment and then walk away and get on with my life as it is... It's just an adjustment, I guess. And I am incredibly grateful at the same time. I just daren't have that kind of hope.

I'm also a bit worried about swinging it with work. At the moment my managers and colleagues and people know nothing about my mental health history, so it would involve disclosing that and then negotiating how to get the time off to go to group and stuff and I don't know how that will go down. A lot of it rests on chance factors like what day of the week the sessions are on, because some are much busier in work than others... I don't know.

It's a long way down
On this rollercoaster.

Eska is offline   Reply With Quote