View Single Post
Old 29-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #1551
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Have you thought that perhaps if you got a job a few friends, you would stop and you wouldn’t feel like this anymore because you would be cured?

It’s an illness just like diabetes - I have had a job, I have had friends, I’ve still had depression anxiety I still self harmed even more. please treating as such. It’s like putting a tiny plaster on paralysed leg and expecting that person to walk again.

Have you tried cbt or mindfulness?
Yeah I have, I have been there done that and worn that shirt to prove it and I ain’t gonna apply those techniques when I’m in bad place cos I’m not in frame of mind right now.havw you heard of fight and flight response?

Have you tried distraction techniques?

Yes but you need to be in the right place right time when you feel ready for it and if you are panicking or you having anxiety attack or your about to harm yourself, you are hardly gonna pick up that book and read cover to cover, especially number your shaking, your body is producing the aderenalin, your mind is racing from one thing to the other. It’s not rational.
Be realistic people

Why don’t you just pull yourself together and stop feeling sorry for yourself ?

I know you mean well, but you wouldn’t say to someone dying of some terminal disease or someone who has just been ********* or someone who has just their mother, father, best mate. Have some compassion?

Why don’t you just go out walk for ten minutes clear your head?

Ya I do that already .... that’s no news i haven’t heard of, thought about, done
It’s second nature to me and plus I’m indoor person and struggle to get out my house even if I want to or have too.

Why don’t you try hitting a box instead or using an elastic band, red marker?

I know you mean well, but I have tried these options a thousand times, I went through the minimisation techniques off the sites and tried every single one a thousand times over and over.

You must do it for fun, attention seek? For people to feel sympathy

No, no and certainly no, no human would do it themselves for a bit of fun or because they had a bad day at work/ at college, and was feeling a bit down. I don’t wake and thunk to myself I know what I’m gonna do I’m gonna do this to myself because my life is ****. And no I do not do it for attention, it’s dome in secret, I’m ashamed of how I’m feeling. I hate people seeing me struggle to cope with life.

Why don’t you ring crisis lime or Samaraitims or your mental health team,? Unless I’m dead 😵 no crisis team or Cmht or Samaritans is gonna save me, that’s because of budget cuts and hate being told that I should go and make myself a cup of tea and have a bath. They’ll end up learning the hard way.

Why don’t you call someone like a friend or family member when you are feeling like this? Because firstly they don’t what I do it’s secret for s reason, I would be too ashamed and it would cause me more anxiety and I would feel judged. Nah thanks.

Why don’t you just get over the self harm? It’d addiction just like alcohol, cigarettes

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote