View Single Post
Old 14-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
high.hopes
Kia!

I am currently:

I'm so pleased you were able to start talking! When do you see her again & do you think you will be able to continue with this?

In a way, it's also good that you've been able to learn from your brothers lessons? I also don't think cutting off from your emotions when talking about something difficult is unusual. I suppose with time, it might be something you become more comfortable with and maybe include your emotios too; but if not just talking about experiences and then going back to how you feel about certain things is also possible?

I can completely relate to finding what other people are thinking being distracting. That's why i think in the past, asking her not to react was helpful but i also very rarely make eye contact with her despite trusting her. How did she react when you said you said you felt uncomfortable?

I often also find that i find myself thinking 100% more about things after leaving appointments like that so sometimes write things down about how i felt and my thoughts to discuss next time. It's great this site has enabled you to asess properly how you are feeling and how to deal with it!

I hope you begin to make steps to accepting what happend and dealing with the emotions. Just remember, even though it might seem difficult at first, it does help eventually!

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears...

high.hopes is offline   Reply With Quote