View Single Post
Old 18-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
Animad

Rowie, they would have to clean it a bit to remove the staples and stiches. I know I personally would be very uncomfortable removing either stitches or staples if I couldn't get a clear look and feel of the wound and also if around the wound was relatively clean as they NEED to know if the wound has been healed enough for them to remove them, especially if it's been infected and this may be a case of them removing one or two and looking for very subtle signs. They may also be unable to get to the stitches to hold them properly or put a staple remover underneath the staples if it's not been cleaned properly. Rowie, I know you don't want to hear this though but you do also need to get them removed, you can't have them staying in there or your body will start to react against them after a time and skin could also grow over thm and in time this will just be a source of new infections.

I think with it being infected the sooner you go the better. They may not be able to remove them at that time due to the infection as it is likely to take longer, however they do need to luck to see if an abscess is developing which is really something that would need to be treated as if not you will become extremely ill especially alongside you not wanting to take the ABs or have the wound cleaned; you're at a very high risk of getting another infection in which you'd need to be hospitalised with IV ABs and be really ill, do you really want that or do you think taking your tablets may be a better idea? As well as this, if it isn't properly examined when they take the stitches out and stuff then it could easily break down, especially with the infection, and then you'd be in a much worse state than you were to get it stitched. I'm proud of you for managing to get it stitched up, I really am and goin to see the nurse. But really, if you don't take this hurdle of having the stitches/ staples removed properly in the way that whoever does it can properly examine the edges of the wound and also feel what the tissue is like underneath and look closely as they remove them then you going through all those har steps may be for nothing... and you'd be worse off than you were before... PLEASE get this checked out and let them clean it and as well as that, AND I know you're going to hate me for saying this (and I do understand where you're coming from)but can you at least try and take a tablet? You don't need this much extra damage inflicted upon yourself and this is extremely dangerous and I know you know that.